GJ Motorsports 3rd Brake Light Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a response from Keith at LVJ Motorsports and the GJ Brake light will NOT work with the cell phone booster because of the frequency. Cell phone boosters run at a much higher frequency.

EastEndAngler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a response from Keith at LVJ Motorsports and the GJ Brake light will NOT work with the cell phone booster because of the frequency. Cell phone boosters run at a much higher frequency.

Any more details?

The NMO mount's universal. I actually have the BPD dual NMO mount w/ Baja designs lights. In terms antennas , no problem with the Fleet NMO threading on, but I will likely swap for a more traditional antenna with better reception.

@lawndartdesign on instagram has the same setup and has documented his experience.

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is for a cell phone booster. Not for offroading, I don’t need service off road. Building a house in the Texas Hill Country where there isn't currently a signal around our property. Evidently it's not the mount or the antenna, it's the frequency that they operate on.

dnewman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I bought one of these from GJ and ended up selling the Raptor it was intended for and am trying to get it wired into my Tremor. I grabbed this picture off the internet, my wiring is essentially identical, I have three wires in the big white connector on the upper right, I have my brake lights connected to the red and black there. The Tremor uses the center light for the camera so I have a white and amber outboard on either side.

My question is, can I take the white wire from the white connector and plug it into the open connector terminal on the black box marked in/in-out, or do I need the black box in the lower left? I did not get that box and have no idea what it does? All I am looking for is to make my white outboard light come on with the cargo buttons, and I will wire one of the up fitter switches to it secondarily when needed.

Anyone have a suggestion? @4x4TruckLEDs.com any advice would be appreciated!

Tremor Wiring.jpg

ImAllSCREWdUp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchased one of these from @NateMob and attempted install this weekend. Found very quickly that the oem brake light harness plug is 4 prong and the G-J receiver is is two prong. Do I need an intermediate harness? Am I missing something?

Attachments

• 20221106_111534.jpg
    20221106_111534.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20221106_111525.jpg
    20221106_111525.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 10

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchased one of these from @NateMob and attempted install this weekend. Found very quickly that the oem brake light harness plug is 4 prong and the G-J receiver is is two prong. Do I need an intermediate harness? Am I missing something?

Dang man, sorry you've run into a problem. Which harness did you order to go with it? I saw GJ post (possibly on FB) that they were using taps somewhere in the kit because a certain harness was unobtainium at the moment. Keith at LVJ Motorsports may be your best best for getting sorted quickly, i believe he builds the wiring for these.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Are you saying you purchased a used brake light from someone? On a Gen2 there is another module that comes with the brake lights. It plugs between the brake light and the factory harness. You need that module also