GJ Motorsports 3rd Brake Light Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
S2 lights don't pull power from the back. They pull power from the harness that gets routed up by your upfitters.

Check to ensure you have power at the end of your harness. If you are not getting power with your upfitters on at the passenger, then you have something not connected properly is all.

My harness is different then yours. I have an earlier one where the ground was done at the rear, behind the rear seat. The new harness includes the ground and it's done at the passenger footwell. I found a bolt in there. I can take a photo tomorrow of the harness + the ground. We have a lot of basic harnesses on the shelf.

stitch702

Reaction score
The wire coming off the factory plug should be connected the wire on the center s2 to activate the cargo light function. The S2’s will not come on unless the ground is connected, there are several ground points around the bcm to use.
Thanks I will check my grounds again in the morning. So not even the center S2 will come on if I have a bad ground with the black wire? Correct?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Center S2 is powered at the 3rd brake light from that special square module. It's utilizing the factory cargo wiring power to turn on. So if your center S2 is turning on that's normal. It'll turn on as a cargo light when the doors open/truck unlocks.

bvita

Full Access Member
Reaction score
subscibed, was looking for a way to mount my rugged radio / nmo antenna!

stitch702

Reaction score
Center S2 is powered at the 3rd brake light from that special square module. It's utilizing the factory cargo wiring power to turn on. So if your center S2 is turning on that's normal. It'll turn on as a cargo light when the doors open/truck unlocks.

No, none of the Baja lights come on, but I will recheck my connections and snap a screen shot of my wiring when day light come in. Thanks.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
subscibed, was looking for a way to mount my rugged radio / nmo antenna!

You should definitely pick one up. These things not only look bad ass but give you some great light options for the trails (and the cargo area) and the built in NMO (optional) is awesome. I used to keep a cap on mine when I was not on the trails but now i've just left my antenna connected. We usually keep them in stock: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/gj-motorsports-3rd-brake-light-for-2015-ford-f-150-2017-ford-super-duty/

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No, none of the Baja lights come on, but I will recheck my connections and snap a screen shot of my wiring when day light come in. Thanks.

If you're cargo light is not coming on AND you've connected that little black thing to the cargo (center) baja and the factory wiring then something else is going on.

Where did you order these from? I want to say you're the same customer of mine who was emailing me perhaps that's still stuck? If so, i thought the cargo WAS working? Or are you a completely different person having the same exact issue now?

Take a photo of your baja designs connector for me. I need to see the connector looking at the pins so I can determine if the wires are in the correct order. SOMETIMES i've seen Baja slip a set or two out from their production where the wires were reversed. Having them backwards is very rare, let alone 3 sets. I'm thinking something else is going on here.

stitch702

Reaction score
If you're cargo light is not coming on AND you've connected that little black thing to the cargo (center) baja and the factory wiring then something else is going on.

Where did you order these from? I want to say you're the same customer of mine who was emailing me perhaps that's still stuck? If so, i thought the cargo WAS working? Or are you a completely different person having the same exact issue now?

Take a photo of your baja designs connector for me. I need to see the connector looking at the pins so I can determine if the wires are in the correct order. SOMETIMES i've seen Baja slip a set or two out from their production where the wires were reversed. Having them backwards is very rare, let alone 3 sets. I'm thinking something else is going on here.

Nope I’m a new guy. Ordered from GJ motorsports. Installations seems pretty straight forward. I posted on here since I figured I would get a faster reply before the sun went down. It’s still early and I will post pics and double check my connections. Thanks for all the quick replies! Much appreciated.

stitch702

Reaction score
So here are the pictures from my install. Just want to make sure I have everything right. So the one the plugs into the middle s2 light had the extra red wire with connector that goes into the white wire coming from the harness that plugs into the stock Cargo harness correct? Now the yellow and blue wires that go down all the way to the passenger kick panel and upfitter switches are supposed to be spliced together then connected to the auxiliary switch? Thanks in advance.

EDBBC4C3-3D09-44D5-8517-39CE23BD5E72.jpeg

09880273-6CA0-4C10-9AE4-5195047DC4AC.jpeg

B10F0DAE-8C87-4B87-99E5-D76630A180E1.jpeg

ADD7F05A-E480-4D59-B108-B92013CAEA8D.jpeg

stitch702

Reaction score
Here is where I spliced the yellow and blue wire together with a splice connector then taped it to ensure it wouldn’t come loose. After reading the instructions from gj’s basic harness, am I supposed to save the yellow wire for future use and just connect the blue wire to the upfitter switxh?

DC867D52-6621-460E-BBFE-146368F04148.jpeg