GJ Motorsports 3rd Brake Light Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ImAllSCREWdUp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang man, sorry you've run into a problem. Which harness did you order to go with it? I saw GJ post (possibly on FB) that they were using taps somewhere in the kit because a certain harness was unobtainium at the moment. Keith at LVJ Motorsports may be your best best for getting sorted quickly, i believe he builds the wiring for these.
Are you saying you purchased a used brake light from someone? On a Gen2 there is another module that comes with the brake lights. It plugs between the brake light and the factory harness. You need that module also
Got it all straight with Cody @OffroadAlliance.com I was missing a conversion harness/module just as @4x4TruckLEDs.com stated. I guess it eliminates the white light inputs from the factory harness and simply uses the marker/brake light inputs.

@NateMob no worries man! Thanks for the good deal! I picked up the fancy harness (stop + tail + turn). Im realizing the best way to wire is to remove the back passenger seat to fully remove the C-Pillar cover. A little more involved than I expected but not discouraged. Ive frankly moved on to bed storage as the next project and Ill circle back to the 3rd brake light later. Which antenna were you using? Im looking at the stubby VHFs.

ImAllSCREWdUp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great, sounds like it's going to be an awesome setup! I am intrigued by the stubby VHFs but i just went with a tried and true Browning BR-158 S antenna. Which radio are you using?
Havent picked a radio yet. Want to integrate a radio into the center console, Ive seen a couple nice console jobs on FRF I may copy. Ill keep you posted. Which radio did/do you use?

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Havent picked a radio yet. Want to integrate a radio into the center console, Ive seen a couple nice console jobs on FRF I may copy. Ill keep you posted. Which radio did/do you use?

No radio here yet either, still trying to decide!

Here's how I did mine. The door opens and closes as usual but no more sunglasses in there

That's slick, could you provide some more details on what you're using?

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No radio here yet either, still trying to decide!

That's slick, could you provide some more details on what you're using?

It's a tyt9800, and a piece of flat carbon fiber from Amazon that I cut to fit. Looks super nice and I'd like to add an ambient light up there also, but haven't got around to it. Only took about a day to do the faceplate install

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a tyt9800, and a piece of flat carbon fiber from Amazon that I cut to fit. Looks super nice and I'd like to add an ambient light up there also, but haven't got around to it. Only took about a day to do the faceplate install
cool, thank you! We're headed up for the Snoball so getting a radio squared away in the next month is a necessity!