GJ Motorsports 3rd Brake Light - Opinions Wanted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueSCrew19

Reaction score
I just got back from an EXO club run and I noticed that around half the Raptors there are sporting the GJ Motorsports third brake light. I've had one since shortly after getting my Raptor, and it has done exactly what it promised to do, without fail, through many offroad adventures.

I found it a little bit of a PITA to install, as you have to fish your antenna wire through the headliner. I tried doing that without fish tape, and eventually succumbed to buying a roll at my local Home Depot. That did the trick. Unless things have changed, the little doohickeys that you mount for the screws are also a pain: hard to attach, easy to lose and definitely easy to scratch up the paint something fierce.

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am happy with quality of the GJ Motorsports 3rd brake light assembly. Easy install, no leakage, no issues

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I have installed one, but can not find the pass through wires at the passanger kick panel. I have other lights wired to the uplifter switches and wanted to have the ambers up there as well.

I didn't use the supplied retaining clips and instead used some 10-24 well nuts. Works with the supplied bolts.

Attachments

• 20220107_104611.jpg
    20220107_104611.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 63

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those pass-thru wires should be just above the fuse panel on the passenger side. I’ve since switched over to the SP-9100 system

nookss_

Reaction score
Does the nmo version with the base + cap add more than 2 inches height above the roof on the gen 2?

Curious if I'll need to account for any extra clearance with this on.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Does the nmo version with the base + cap add more than 2 inches height above the roof on the gen 2?

Curious if I'll need to account for any extra clearance with this on.

Under 2"

Attachments

• 20220124_122853.jpg
    20220124_122853.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 38