GJ Motorsport 3rd brake light question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I installed my GJ third brake light and it’s awesome! Quick question though. I got the center light the regular s2 in the work scene hoping it wouldn’t be too bright but it is blinding at night when you’re walking up to the truck and unlock it. Are you guys all running the light or has anyone dimmed it or found a way to aim it down at all?

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No way to tilt it down without a custom spacer or gasket. You could cover the lens with some window tint. I don’t think my s2 sport is too bright, I was actually expecting more light for reversing.

OP
OP
Turbogoat324

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way to tilt it down without a custom spacer or gasket. You could cover the lens with some window tint. I don’t think my s2 sport is too bright, I was actually expecting more light for reversing.

I don’t mind the amount of light I just feel bad blinding everyone behind me when I unlock the truck. Haha. I wonder if a different lens would make it less intense. The work scene is literally just the led with no filter. Maybe that’s what makes it so intense

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Did you go with an S2 Sport or S2 Pro?

I have an S2 Sport on mine. If you stand right behind it, it can be a LIL much, but it's not bad. I think it's good. I've never had issues at night walking up to my truck and blinding myself.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don’t mind the amount of light I just feel bad blinding everyone behind me when I unlock the truck. Haha. I wonder if a different lens would make it less intense. The work scene is literally just the led with no filter. Maybe that’s what makes it so intense

Not quite. The Work/Scene and Spots have the same exact lens. It's the reflector inside that is different. The work/scene has a slightly different reflector. Same LEDs inside though.

OP
OP
Turbogoat324

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the s2 sport. I don’t mind it at all I was more worried about other people but maybe I’ll just try it out and hopefully I don’t blind random people

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How would you blind people? That light only comes on when you open your doors/unlock your truck..

Stop trying to ghost ride the whip and problem solved :)

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got the s2 sport. I don’t mind it at all I was more worried about other people but maybe I’ll just try it out and hopefully I don’t blind random people
I wouldn’t worry about the stupid people who might look into the light! Hopefully they will go blind from starring at the sun long before your light does any damage.