GJ 3rd Brake Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattrofact

Reaction score
Looking to purchase one with the Black Friday sale. Already know what I’m going to do with the middle (s2 sport work) but don’t know about the 2 outside.

if I go with the combo lenses for both are the s2 sports plenty? Or are the pros worth the $100 bucks. Or should one be a spot and the other a combo? Interested to hear about what others have done.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have them in stock and on sale starting at 12AM Friday, 11% off regular price.

I'd say do a white light in the middle. Maybe work/scene or Wide Cornering. As it'll act as a cargo light also. I went with the S2 Sport on mine which I feel is PLENTY for a cargo light. I think a Pro might be too much light for a cargo (but I have 1 customer who is getting it as a pro to act as an "a hole light").

For the outsides Amber Driving/Combos seem to be the most popular. Gives you a little bit of everything.

Honestly i'd say the Sports are PLENTY bright. Go with the Pros if you just want the MOST light. Remember these are acting as chase lights. So unless you are doing Baja runs where it's pitch black and you have a LOT of dust kicking up the sports will do just fine for 99.99% of your runs.

I personally run 3 Work/scenes on mine. 2 ambers on the outsides and a clear in the center. All Sports. I KIND of wish I did maybe driving/combos or wide cornering on the outsides. Only because i'd like to use them outside of racing the truck around. I figure wide cornering or driving/combos will give me more of a side to side pattern over a work/scene. My center work/scene does the job for my cargo (but I have a cover SOOO in a way the work/scene gets blocked mostly by my bed cover)

On top of the 11% off we're offering, you'll also get a $50 cash back rebate from Baja Designs if you get at least 2 S2 lights (some folks don't buy any lights, so they would not get the $50 cash back).

Check out our sales here if you have not already: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/black-friday-sales/

upload_2019-11-28_15-5-12.png

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@mattrofact

The GJ Motorsports third brake light is a great item. We've got them in stock and ready to ship. In addition, they're 11% off and two S2's qualify for a Baja Designs $50 rebate.

We recommend a work/scene clear S2 for the center light , as you mentioned, to help illuminate the bed and space directly behind the truck. For the ambers, we recommend the spot lens.

For the money, the Baja Designs sports do great. While a few folks run the Pros, the sports produce plenty. Unless you're planning on running through very heavy dust in the southwest or Mexico, the sports produce more than enough light.

Our sale is LIVE now. No waiting, get yours now!

Link ---->>> OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

wwArTNp.jpg

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have the 3rd brakelight without the lights that fits the stock lights but adds the radio antennae?
I'm looking for one of those, but can't find a vendor.

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Jeff Boone

Reaction score
Gonna buy this light, and have similar but slightly different question about light choices. Will also be installing reverse light kit (brightest I can get that doesn't wash out backup camera - Baja Designs, but specific one yet to be determined). I'm thinking the the S2 work/scene in the middle, but I want the outer ones to help backing up the boat duck hunting. The boat will get in the way a lot of the reverse kit under the bumper. I'm thinking S2 Pro's (clears) in driving combo - especially if I end up going with the regular S2's in the reverse kit. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You could certainly do that. If your goal is for that, then it'll work great. You could do S2 Pro Wide Cornering on the outsides and turn them on when you are backing up your boat. Driving/Combos could work also, but part of it will be almost a spot. BUT it'll do the job to help throw light on the boat i'm thinking while the wide portion will help the sides a bit.

I like the idea.

For reverse lights the S2 Sport are great. S2 Pros CAN wash out the camera a little but honestly if you need pros because you are in a real dark area, you REALLY want a lot of light. The camera will auto adjust so you can see behind you but when you're backing up a boat you're not using your reverse camera anyway. Backing up normally sports might be good, especially with the S2 Pros up top on an upfitter switch.

Here is the link for the GJ Motorsports: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/gj-motorsports-3rd-brake-light-for-2015-ford-f-150-2017-ford-super-duty/

And the S2 Reverse Kit w/Pro option should you decide to go that route: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-raptor-2017-s2-reverse-light-kit/

In 2 hours our Black Friday sales kick into gear FYI.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gonna buy this light, and have similar but slightly different question about light choices. Will also be installing reverse light kit (brightest I can get that doesn't wash out backup camera - Baja Designs, but specific one yet to be determined). I'm thinking the the S2 work/scene in the middle, but I want the outer ones to help backing up the boat duck hunting. The boat will get in the way a lot of the reverse kit under the bumper. I'm thinking S2 Pro's (clears) in driving combo - especially if I end up going with the regular S2's in the reverse kit. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

The S1 reverse kit emits 2375 lumens which is just shy of the S2 Pro but slightly less expensive. And the S1's don't wash out the camera. Picture attached.

If you're looking for more working light out of the GJ mount, the S2 work scene is great. Lots of light and being up a bit higher helps with light projection. The driving combo would work as well especially if you're goal is to light up the surrounding area for your boat. Don't discount the S2 sports, they're pretty darn bright for such a small light.

S1 Reverse Kit Link: OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

Here's some pics of the S1 reverse kit:

1HMtSnb.jpg

VgpY7yE.jpg

wYD0ASO.jpg

Jeff Boone

Reaction score
You could certainly do that. If your goal is for that, then it'll work great. You could do S2 Pro Wide Cornering on the outsides and turn them on when you are backing up your boat. Driving/Combos could work also, but part of it will be almost a spot. BUT it'll do the job to help throw light on the boat i'm thinking while the wide portion will help the sides a bit.

I like the idea.

For reverse lights the S2 Sport are great. S2 Pros CAN wash out the camera a little but honestly if you need pros because you are in a real dark area, you REALLY want a lot of light. The camera will auto adjust so you can see behind you but when you're backing up a boat you're not using your reverse camera anyway. Backing up normally sports might be good, especially with the S2 Pros up top on an upfitter switch.

Here is the link for the GJ Motorsports: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/gj-motorsports-3rd-brake-light-for-2015-ford-f-150-2017-ford-super-duty/

And the S2 Reverse Kit w/Pro option should you decide to go that route: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-raptor-2017-s2-reverse-light-kit/

In 2 hours our Black Friday sales kick into gear FYI.

I'm only looking for the reverse kit for help with every day reverse (hopefully greatly improving what I can see in the backup camera). As I think about it, the spot portion of the combo's will only be shining on the boat when it's straight behind me. The wide cornering's may do a better job of getting light where I'm trying to look. Will sleep on it :)