Giving up on getting an allocation.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I preferred the Gen 3 interior to the TRX interior. But man that truck can haul ass. If my super duty gets pushed to a 23 I might see if Granger can transfer my deposit to a TRX if they have 0 allocations for a 23 Raptor or Bronco raptor

raptor556

Reaction score
No but i would shop competitors. If you think you get the best price for any good or service by acquiescing to a floor salesman's first offer someone has failed you.
I don't take sales offers. I make them, they can accept or I walk. easy.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well then I can see what your saying. I also had a gen 2 and the interior was heavily outdated. The Gen 3 is an entire new monster. So much Tech and modern interior. It is a completely different and updated truck.

I have to agree with you in regards to the Gen 2. Do you have a Gen 3 on order?

raptor556

Reaction score
Well then I can see what your saying. I also had a gen 2 and the interior was heavily outdated. The Gen 3 is an entire new monster. So much Tech and modern interior. It is a completely different and updated truck.

I have to agree with you in regards to the Gen 2. Do you have a Gen 3 on order?
no. Personally the upgrade isn't worth it to me going from the 2 to the 3.

But my reference was comparing the new fords to the new rams, toyota's etc.
ram did lead the pack with the nice interior. now they have all gone that way and it's a bit more of a toss up

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no. Personally the upgrade isn't worth it to me going from the 2 to the 3.

But my reference was comparing the new fords to the new rams, toyota's etc.
ram did lead the pack with the nice interior. now they have all gone that way and it's a bit more of a toss up
I can tell you first hand it is 100% worth the jump from the Gen 2 to the 3. I am not trying to push you one way or the other…but the new Gen 3 Raptor is a major upgrade over the gen 2. The Gen 2 is way outdated.

There is a ram dealership at the end of my street, roughly 2 minutes away. They frequently have the TRX coming in and out. In fact, I almost bought a white one about six months ago when I was waiting for my 37 package raptor. I am so happy I did not, I could not be happier with my 37 truck. The Gen 3’s are packed with Tech that the TRX does not have. The TRX interior is very plastic I find as well. The suspension is way way sub par compared to the 37 Raptor. Cool engine yes, but with the price of gas today…I sure don’t want to own the worst built truck on fuel efficiency ever produced in the history of manufacturing.

savela

Reaction score
nice example of the "relationship" not paying off when it is not in their favor.
Honestly surprised. I live in Corpus and have driven to Kingsville for everything, service included. Counts for nothing. I think corporate drive the decision to take full advantage of customers, old and new. On one hand I understand that supply is limited and demand is high. BUT. It’s hard to remain ‘loyal’ to a company that capitalizes on an opportunity to squeeze customers that have been there for them when options were plentiful. All good. They’ll find someone else who’ll pay $20k over. It they’ve lost my business. And respect. I’m dealing with Jordan in San Antonio and have been treated fairly.

raptor556

Reaction score
Honestly surprised. I live in Corpus and have driven to Kingsville for everything, service included. Counts for nothing. I think corporate drive the decision to take full advantage of customers, old and new. On one hand I understand that supply is limited and demand is high. BUT. It’s hard to remain ‘loyal’ to a company that capitalizes on an opportunity to squeeze customers that have been there for them when options were plentiful. All good. They’ll find someone else who’ll pay $20k over. It they’ve lost my business. And respect. I’m dealing with Jordan in San Antonio and have been treated fairly.

dealers are individually owned. The drive for profit is on every level, not just from corporate. Trust me the dude that owns the dealer wants to make money, and being your friend ain't part of it-------if it doesn't help him make money.

raptor556

Reaction score
I can tell you first hand it is 100% worth the jump from the Gen 2 to the 3. I am not trying to push you one way or the other…but the new Gen 3 Raptor is a major upgrade over the gen 2. The Gen 2 is way outdated.

There is a ram dealership at the end of my street, roughly 2 minutes away. They frequently have the TRX coming in and out. In fact, I almost bought a white one about six months ago when I was waiting for my 37 package raptor. I am so happy I did not, I could not be happier with my 37 truck. The Gen 3’s are packed with Tech that the TRX does not have. The TRX interior is very plastic I find as well. The suspension is way way sub par compared to the 37 Raptor. Cool engine yes, but with the price of gas today…I sure don’t want to own the worst built truck on fuel efficiency ever produced in the history of manufacturing.
No my friend. the tacoma is way outdated. the gen 2 is two years out of cycle.

It would cost me 30k plus to get into a gen 3. 100% not worth it to me.