Giving up a Z06 for a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't really think of the being able to find another low mileage Z06 down the road.

lol, corvettes barely get driven. Most of the time they are a midlife crisis car that doesn't get realized how impractical it is until it is already owned, but pride doesn't let them sell it for many years. Currently I know where a 2012 ZR1 is with 2100 miles on it, just buying my time waiting for it to come up for sale.

Point is Vipers and Vette's will always be able to be found with low miles ripe for the plucking. And if you can stand higher mileage (think 30K+ only) the values drop like a rock.

OP
OP
sublime1996525

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are definitely right. I'm always amazed at the amount of people I meet that find Vettes that are 5 years old with less than 5k miles. And like you said once you hit 30k it's high mileage.

On a side note just stopped by a local dealer, LHM Ford, and they have a few 2012 Raptors with 30k plus miles they are willing to sell for 51k, oh and they'll give me $25k for my trade hahaha. What a joke.

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While there are WAY too many low mile Vettes out there...Most of the guys that I know who have Z's drive the wheels off of them - they're such a driver's car that most of them rack up some serious miles...
Not to mention the fact that your color is a pretty low production car...If you really like it, you will definitely have a tough time finding another nice one...

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd take a 5k Z06 or Viper driven hard on the street, over a 5k Raptor driven hard off the street lol

I see pristine and low mileage vettes at car shows all the time, that are cared for their AARP owners. Hardest drive those vettes see, is when making the tee time at the local country club.

OP
OP
sublime1996525

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So there are a couple available around me but all the dealers want 5-10k over MSRP and the one is holding pretty firm on price. That blows me away, I understand there won't be a 2015 Raptor but they are making this thing seem like it will never be around again.

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who's to predict what the long-term resale or collectable demand for the Raptor will be...it's very unique and ground breaking...but, historically speaking, trucks don't hold their values well - especially when compared to their equivalent American made, 2-door, rear-wheel drive, highest HP available, sports/muscle cars.

The best collectible truck in terms of supply and demand, in my opinion, would be the Syclone/Typhoon...but compare it to its car equivalent of the time, the Grand National/T-type...the cars always hold their values best.

Want a Ford example... just check out the value of a 93 Lightning v/s a 93 Cobra.

Long-term demand and appreciation, the right car is your best "investment"...just buy the truck to tow it lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
sublime1996525

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Years down the road collectibility is not really a concern. I was at a dealer until 1130pm last night trying to work some details on a black 2013 SCREW with 28k miles. They had the truck listed for $54.9k and origionally offered me $34k for my trade. I just about walked out and they finally came back and said they'd do $51.9k and $37.4k. They got a little bit closer but I'm still having a hard time with that price after reading the posts of people getting these for brand new at that price.

Aggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Years down the road collectibility is not really a concern. I was at a dealer until 1130pm last night trying to work some details on a black 2013 SCREW with 28k miles. They had the truck listed for $54.9k and origionally offered me $34k for my trade. I just about walked out and they finally came back and said they'd do $51.9k and $37.4k. They got a little bit closer but I'm still having a hard time with that price after reading the posts of people getting these for brand new at that price.

I paid less than that for my brand new loaded 2013 SCREW. Walk away.