Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Giving back by helping a Veteran...

Discussion in 'Freedom Motorsports' started by [email protected], Dec 6, 2013.

1. mudblood

mudblood FRF Addict

God bless you Chris. I am fortunate enough to work at a hospital that was contracted by the government to treat returning veterans with PTSD and other head trauma, since the VA is simply not equipped to handle the numbers or type of injuries. Sadly once the sequestration went into effect the government no longer paid for the care. That didn't stop us as we continue to treat these heros and receive donations from all over the country to help cover our cost. These fine young men and women have been through a lot but have the most wonderful attitude and I can tell you 99% of them just want to go back to be with their buddies. What you are doing is wonderful.

2. SVT N8

SVT N8 Full Access Member

anxiously awaiting an update

3. Chris@FreedomMotorsports

[email protected] FRF Gofur Supporting Vendor Supporting Member

Sorry guys, I have never gotten caught up on things around here since getting back. I have a little more editing to do to the video and as soon as I get that done I will provide that final update. I WILL say that Vince and his family loved what we did for the truck, but the video will tell more. Thank you for your patience!

4. Chris@FreedomMotorsports

Ok, here is the video. It is rough because I am not the greatest at video editing, but the final reveal is here. Vince was blown away, truly speechless about what we were able to do for he and his family. I want to thank everyone who donated their time and money to help make this project happen, up to and including all those that donated toward the family's Christmas. In the end we raised $1350 toward the cost of the repairs, $450 in cash toward their Christmas spending that I wired directly to Vince in two installments long before the reveal. We had donations of a custom cold air intake from my friends at Davis Motorsports in High Point NC, front brush guard from Trick Trucks of Maryland, leveling kit and brand new shocks from Pro Comp USA, I provided (new battery, new ignition key, plugs and wires, fluids and filters all the way through, alignment, Magnaflow catback exhaust, Pro Comp rim & tire package, new PCM and PCM wiring harness rewiring, diagnostic services, etc), $2K in donated discounts from King Buick GMC. Overall this project proved that there are a heck of a lot of people out there that are willing to dig deep to help a deserving veteran.

This is now going to be an ongoing project that I offer annually. I will begin accepting nominations very soon for the 2014 Veteran's Assistance project and would like everyone to think about their nomination. The requirements will be listed on the website, but in short they have to be service connected disabled veterans who are still fighting for their benefits from the VA. These are those that I feel need it the most because they are usually the ones that are financially the worst off and struggling with everything, not just their service connected demons.

Freedom Motorsports Veteran's Assistance Project | Freedom Motorsports Veteran's Assistance Project Proudly Supporting Service Connected Disabled Veterans

Thanks again.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  5. WyoStorm

WyoStorm FRF Addict

Well done Chris!

6. SVT N8

SVT N8 Full Access Member

Man that looks killer. That was awesome. Great work Chris.

7. NickPic83

NickPic83 FRF Addict

awesome! great job Chris. this is really great to do something like this.

8. Hockster

Hockster My 45ft Bluewater Party Supporting Member

Very cool!!!. This is so sad that anyone has to say this... having to fight for VA benefits.. :( :(

[email protected] likes this.
  9. Chris@FreedomMotorsports

Thanks guys, but I was just the facilitator of the help. There were a lot of people who stepped up to help make this happen for Vince and his family and a vast majority of those folks came from this forum. Yet again proving why I love this community so much, there are truly a higher caliber of people who make up the membership of this forum and I am honored to be a part of it.

That being said, it IS truly sad that Vince or any other Veteran has to fight so hard to obtain the benefits that should by all rights be automatic. In a day in time when the powers that be are giving social service benefits to any person, citizen or not who walks through the door, supporting the lazy who refuse to work, supporting the drug addicted who refuse to do better, supporting other countries more than they support their own and now with the Obama administration passing a new rule in an attempt to eliminate the Veteran's right to an appeal when their claims are denied, in an obvious effort to simply shrink the backlog of open claims? It makes me sick to my stomach and makes me want to march on DC. I just wish we could get millions of us together to march like the citizens did in Egypt, but sadly, in our society, that day may never come.

10. mudblood

mudblood FRF Addict

Man that is so true. Our country has changed so much in my lifetime. Now we put Illegal aliens on walfare but cut pensions to our veterans. Is it me or has this country become a welfare state?