Giving back by helping a Veteran...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Chris@FreedomMotorsports

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As promised, below is a picture of the pile of Christmas cards that have rolled in so far for Vince and his family! With all the donations toward his truck and for his family's Christmas overall on top of all the cards, the Christmas spirit is going to be alive and well at their home this year!

VINCES_CHRISTMAS_CARDS1.jpg

OP
OP
Chris@FreedomMotorsports

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My prediction is that he is going to be truly speechless and flying high all the way through to next Christmas! As an update, a few more companies have signed on and I have included them below. I will be updating the original post as well, but Pro Comp USA has donated a front leveling kit and a full set of off road shocks; a company by the name of Trick Trucks out of MD has donated a Trail FX black powder coated brush guard similar to this one. A company in Highpoint NC, Davis Motorsports has donated a cold air intake.

The only two things left uncommitted thus far are an MBRP exhaust (MBRP is going to help, they just haven't decided exactly how just yet and I have been promised an answer by tomorrow), and a rim & tire package. We are still working on the rim and tire package, so I can't say just yet who we are talking to until they commit to the donation.

We have also raised more money to send them in cash for Christmas.

I want to thank everyone for the overwhelming support of this project, you have all truly stepped up and renewed Vince's faith in the world at large and made a HUGE difference in the lives of him and his family, the effects of this project will last a good long time for encouraging and uplifting him for the better!

OP
OP
Chris@FreedomMotorsports

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another update. A Magnaflow catback system has just been shipped for Vince's Suburban. I have spent the past few days talking with all kinds of exhaust companies and the ONLY exhaust currently available for that truck with ANY of my suppliers or manufacturers was the Magnaflow Stainless Steel system. SO, because it was too late to get manufacturer support on that one, I went ahead and ordered it myself to make sure that his truck has a new catback installed when he picks it up.

That being said, the ONLY items left to complete our goal are the rim & tire package and we are working tirelessly to find manufacturer support for that. We are providing for a deadline of Friday for manufacturers to make it happen and if that doesn't happen I will be providing those as well. We are really hammering trying to get everything to King Buick GMC in time to get the truck returned to Vince before Christmas. Please keep us and the project in your thoughts and prayers that everything will go as planned. This project has taken on a life of it's own and we are basically trying to keep up at this point.

Again, thank you for all the support!

OP
OP
Chris@FreedomMotorsports

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another update for today. I am pleased to announce that LGE-CTS Motorsports has joined the effort with the single largest monetary donation to date to be used toward the 2013 Veteran's Assistance Project! A lot of individuals and companies have stepped up to make donations, but their large monetary donation just shows how truly supportive of our nation's veterans they really are! On behalf of Vince and his family and ALL veterans, I Salute You!

OP
OP
Chris@FreedomMotorsports

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another update for today. We are still working on a rim and tire package for Vince's Suburban and several people are working very hard to make that happen. Thanks goes out to my reps at my wholesale supplier but also to Sarah at LGE-CTS Motorsports who has stepped up to help with the rim and tire package procurement as well.

That being said, the dealership has been driving the Burb every day to ensure that nothing unexpected is going to pop back up when Vince gets the truck back. Well, this morning it through a CEL and after running the codes, a PCM code came up. So they did some checking and the wiring at the harness connector leading into the PCM was severely corroded and shorted the PCM. So they are fixing that now with rebuilding the harness connector plug itself and replacing the PCM. SO, once Vince receives his truck back, there will be no doubt that it will be very dependable for the long run.

OP
OP
Chris@FreedomMotorsports

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes another positive update. Vince and his family received a bunch of Christmas cards today and he wanted me to say thank you to all that sent them. He actually said that it was hard for him to read them without choking up because it meant so much to receive such an outpouring of support for him and his family.

For everyone that has donated toward the project, toward his Christmas funds and sent Christmas cards, I SALUTE YOU!