Giving back by helping a Veteran...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nitefighter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chris thank you so much for helping Vince! I talked to him today and he was still in shock from it all. I really appreciate all that your doing for my close friend. You are a true American and the meaning of a hero! I tip my hat and raise my beer to you sir!

Thank you all for your donations to help my friend and his family! Vince has always been their when I needed him. He is a very deserving person.

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Chris I am really glad you are doing this, speaks volumes about your character and values. Thank you for letting me us all be apart of helping a veteran out. I will definitely say that it has been a struggle for many of my sailors who decide transition from the military to the civilian work force. For many the military is the only job they have ever had and the transition is not always smooth. Really makes me feel good seeing others help those who have struggled in the transition. Thank you Chris and FRF for helping.

I will get a card to you this week Chris and expect a paypal from me right after this posts.

- Anderson

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Donation sent!

OP
OP
Chris@FreedomMotorsports

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to say, I am no hero. I only wish to give back because of my appreciation for all veterans that have sacrificed in defense of our freedom. I truly appreciate all of the donations as well as the other companies that have agreed to join me in helping this veteran. So far, GotExhaust and WSI have agreed to help and others are said to help as well. We are only a few days into this, but we have already made a difference in the live's of Vince and his family. The dealership is almost done with his Suburban, but there is more on the way and I will post updates as they come in.

Again, I want to thank everyone for their cards and donations! The outpouring of support for this project and for Vince have been awe inspiring!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Chris, this is awesome. Thank you.

Did you say the work of being done at a dealer? Dealer labor rates are typically higher than self owned shops. Do they know the cause behind getting the burban back on the road? Are they willing to discount the labor?

Again, nobile effort.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OP
OP
Chris@FreedomMotorsports

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes Sir, the dealership knows what the deal is. They are discounting their labor rate a little and including a full detail, wax & buffing, carpet shampoo, etc. I would have used a smaller local shop, but I couldn't get one to take me seriously or even answer the phone over a three day period. Their loss I suppose.

That being said, an update on the fund raising. So far, there has been $450 donated toward their Christmas and $350 donated toward the repairs on his Suburban. I would post the names of those making the donations, but have not received permission to do so. I WILL say that the total number of contributors is small in comparison to the amounts they are donating! Those making donations have truly dug deep and helped out in big ways! There haven't been any small amounts donated at all. That being said, please note that even $5-10 donations help in every way. All donations, no matter how large or small are truly appreciated and will go toward the stated purpose.

THAT being said, I have decided that doing something like this for a Veteran during the Holidays will now be an ongoing annual event by Freedom Motorsports. I am putting up a website that should be ready tomorrow sometime specifically for this purpose and will make sure that all other companies participating will be properly represented there as well. Anyone with questions or concerns can contact me anytime via the contact information in my signature.

Thanks again to everyone for their support, donations and/or for sharing this thread wherever they can! I can tell you that the difference we are making in the lives of Vince and his family will be felt for a long time to come!