Give me some insight on GEN2 reliability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flood pricing is straight forward table of time and mileage. I got a 7 year 60,000 mile because I will be lucky to get that many miles. Mine is 1.5 years old with 10K

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct. Many of the 1.5’s were cracking around 25,000 miles. Not sure if it was a bad batch or them simply running the engine lean and hot?

It’s a smooth little mill and I enjoy driving it. I had purchased it as my second vehicle when I had a mustang.

To clarify, the engines do not actually crack. The issue was the result of coolant boiling within the saw cuts in the block between each cylinder after engine shutdown, causing damage to the head gasket and block sealing surface. Once the gasket and sealing surface are compromised, coolant can leak into the cylinders. The software update runs the coolant pump after shutdown to keep coolant circulating and prevent coolant boiling.

Tim Yarnell

Reaction score
Hey Don! You can ask Flood Ford how they set their pricing on the Ford Protect Premium Care Plan. Usually an internet based Ford Protect plan will be $100 to $500 over cost. The standard repair deductible is $100. Your price will go up if you lower the deductible. I would not go with a higher deductible - as you can bring in your truck for multiple issues - and it's the same low $100 deductible.

What I would really be tempted to do is ask your favourite local Ford Dealer (start with the Service Advisor) to see if they'd match or come reasonably close to Flood Ford's offer. I really like to get to know the Service Managers, Advisors and even some Techs - at my local dealer - so would like to try and buy from them. The relationships do make a difference. I bought a 6 year, 100,000 mile Premium Care plan for $2,500 - just for reference.

Also, you may also want to consider the Ford Protect Premium Maintenance Plan (PMP). It provides all the factory recommenced maintenance for your Raptor PLUS belts, hoses, wiper blades, brake pads and SHOCKS - which are super expensive on the Raptor. I also paid around $2,500 for the PMP. Ask for the 5,000 mile service intervals. Dealers would rather you pay for your maintenance (retail) or sell their own maintenance product to you. They don't make a lot on the factory PMP - but they typically have a customer for life :)

Don't buy either product if you trade your truck every 2-3 years. Not worth the cash. If you're keeping the Raptor long-term, I'd buy them both.

Hope that helps.