Getting used to the electronics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I turn it all off. If I can figure out how to turn off the traction control and ABS perm, I would be a happy camper.

im sure you have the same fuses in the screw as my '11 scab, you can pull Fuse 47 under the hood to disable TCS and ABS completely. it throws a whole buncha errors every time you start the vehicle, but they're off.

Quote from my post on Z
okay, i pulled fuse 47 just now. while in a stuck position, reproduced the example video coltmac45 posted. then put it in park, popped the hood and pulled the fuse. got back into the truck and found the (ABS), Parking Brake and both TCS dummy lights on.
on my info panel(2011) i had a buncha warnings:
Hill Descent Fault
Check Braking System
Service Advance Trac
I might have had another 1 or 2. and the hill descent one popped on twice sometimes.

once i hit OK on all of those i was good to go.

I was able to enable all functions i would normally use including:
2-Hi
4-Hi
4-Lo
ELD in all modes
Offroad Mode
Tow/Haul Mode

I was able to spin with the ELD on up to 100kph on the speedo and the engine would bounce off the rev limiter

so now we just need to figure out how/where to wire up a switch to quickly bypass when needed.

to re-enable the system you just have to plug the fuse in.
if the truck is on when you do this you will need to shut it off and turn it back on.
then you have to drive a lil bit, at first all the warnings come back on, but then after you drive a bit they go away.
\
thinking about this, a quick interrupt on this fuse would probably disable the system until you shut the truck off.

its still winter here, and i dont have a garage, so hopefully someone can use this information to come up with a solution for us,wiring-wise.

oh, and anyone know what ford might say with a bunch of faults popping up in the ECU? heh