Getting stuck - and what to do about it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JP7

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Have you seen any problems with your Raptor being in the mud alot? Brakes getting ate up, CV boots goin bad???? I have some ppl say....oh its a desert truck, no mud, and then some ppl say, this is the best vehicle for offroad period. Well I am in the south, so it is mud here. LOL!!!!!

Great write up!!!!!!! Especially for 10PM

I haven't seen any problems with wear on brakes/cv boots etc, but it's important to pressure wash it thoroughly after a good run. I spend more time under the truck than it takes to clean the exterior/body!

The only problem I've noticed was just driver stupidity where a backwash wave gave the engine compartment a bath. (shower combo when it hit the rad fans). Took me forever to steam clean most of the crap off, and even still, the engine compartment is filthy.

Well I went out to the job and did not drive in too too far and left it in 2wd. I got to a point where I just stopped, talked to the superintendent for Browning Construction and then turned around. I had to engage 4wd (for the first time) just to pull out about 3 feet. It did good, but if I am goin to do that all the time, yes, it needs mud tires.

Sounds like the site had thick, silty, clay. That stuff can certainly slow you down, but is not impossible. Due to the weight of these trucks, you will definately find an advantage to a mud tire that has more room in the tread. (Picture chopping off every other lug on the stock tire... Now you can go places).

Batman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got another question for ya JP. My g/f is jumping my ass about the mud on my truck. She says if I leave it on there its gonna fade my truck. I know it will over time eat the clear coat. Do you leave the mud on for multiple days or wash everyday. I like a clean truck but I dont have to eat off of mine. LOL!!!!!

OP
OP
JP7

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Got another question for ya JP. My g/f is jumping my ass about the mud on my truck. She says if I leave it on there its gonna fade my truck. I know it will over time eat the clear coat. Do you leave the mud on for multiple days or wash everyday. I like a clean truck but I dont have to eat off of mine. LOL!!!!!

Unless you're getting dirty in an industrial site with toxic waste, mud is pretty inert. A few days won't kill the paint job.
Seagull shit, now thats another story - get that off right away!

OP
OP
JP7

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Another way to get unstuck

Sometimes you need to get creative...
I can't recommend hanging on to a strap like that, but sometimes you need to improvise until the truck with the winch gets there :)

YouTube - 4Wheel Stampeders 7

We used the Ranger as an anchor, then got creative with the winch as both ways in and out were blocked with stuck vehicles.

YouTube - 4Wheel Stampeders 8

The Toyota at the bottom of the hill nicely pulled the front end of the Suzi back on track. No trees were harmed in the production of this vid.
Although the photographer shouldn't have walked into direct fire of the winch line - just in case it broke - but the point was to show the setup...

YouTube - 4Wheel Stampeders 9