Getting in line for 2022 Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike91

Reaction score
Walked into 2 dealerships today in the Tampa Bay Area to check on ordering a 22 one was at 15k over MSRP the other was at 10k 37pkg. Think I’m sitting this craziness out for a while.
I'm gonna do the same. Got with a store I have a relationship with to get their first 2023 allocation. Not thrilled with the colors they have to offer right now anyway

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brand new 3rd generation Raptor is in high demand with low inventory levels right now. Ford is having to bring in temporary assembly line workers just to get the trucks built due to the pandemic.

Dealerships are batting off potential buyers with a stick when a pre-ordered truck arrives off the transport truck. It’s clearly a sellers market right now. 6–9 months from now I predict it will be a different story.

Last edited:

mattshi93

Reaction score
First time buyer, I see a lot of talks about allocation, is that monthly or yearly? And where might be a good place to start finding dealer? Thanks!

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I posted this in another 2022 thread but I might have a lead on a '22 35 package if anyone is interested shoot me a PM. My dealer called and said he's 75% sure after a deal went through, but worth looking into. PA dealer

RaptorND

Reaction score
I had a 2021 ordered august 16. Unscheduled clean. My dealer must of converted it to a 2022. Got the email from Ford directly yesterday that my 2022 order is confirmed.

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just placed my money down 30 minutes ago for dealer ordered 2022. I called about 50+ dealers from east to west coast this past few weeks. I got their markups, allocations etc. A minority of them are at MSRP, or with very slight upcharge or fee like $600 doc fee or $1k paint protection. Which I'm totally ok with . If you order now, the ETA is May or later. I paid the ADM their markup $5k as they ordered last month when things were open and has expected build date in December. I don't know etiquette or protocol here on the board, but if you want to PM me i can give you which dealers might have allocations for you to order and NOT at $15-20k markups. OR non-refundable deposit BS. I got copy of the build sheet and you can tell if it's 2022 because moon roof and power tailgate are now grouped together on one line item , where 2021 - power tailgate was in Power tech package for $1995. i like the new way better as its lower cost by $400.

JerseyMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just placed my money down 30 minutes ago for dealer ordered 2022. I called about 50+ dealers from east to west coast this past few weeks. I got their markups, allocations etc. A minority of them are at MSRP, or with very slight upcharge or fee like $600 doc fee or $1k paint protection. Which I'm totally ok with . If you order now, the ETA is May or later. I paid the ADM their markup $5k as they ordered last month when things were open and has expected build date in December. I don't know etiquette or protocol here on the board, but if you want to PM me i can give you which dealers might have allocations for you to order and NOT at $15-20k markups. OR non-refundable deposit BS. I got copy of the build sheet and you can tell if it's 2022 because moon roof and power tailgate are now grouped together on one line item , where 2021 - power tailgate was in Power tech package for $1995. i like the new way better as its lower cost by $400.
hopefully they aren't BS'ing you about the build date....I guess if it is a stock order and they definitely have an allocation it might be in December but right now things are up in the air...should know for sure tomorrow or Friday though as the first batch should be scheduled end of this week and if it isn't in that batch will probably be January or feb at the earliest

RaptorND

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the base and upgraded wheel options are the same as 2021? Haven’t found it on the forum. And the posted order book doesnt show the images “says coming soon”

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a couple of requests for info, So I'm going to transcribe my notes to an excel sheet and make it shared file link which I'll email to any of you requesting it. , Also about @JerseyMike comment, I hope build date is good and ETA after that is Feb/ March which I'm ok with , Some of other places, even well know youtube dealer quoted me May or later delivery.

JAB2435

Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 for MSRP and money down. From what the dealership told me and my own research the 22 Raptor production starts in Dec and the possible delivery window would be Feb to Apr. I am not holding my breath on that.