Getting Five Star, which one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crash33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do I go with the SCT or the Livewire? What are the differences? Can I switch tunes while driving on both or just the Livewire? What do I need to know?

D

Deleted member 12951

SCT makes the Livewire TS so not sure of your question.

Do you mean the X4 or BDX or iTSX vs Livewire TS+?

Pretty sure you cannot change tunes with any of these while you are driving since it is reprogramming the PCM. The Livewire has “Switch of the Fly” but that is for the SCT canned tunes and you are changing the power level, not custom tunes like 5star plus I do not believe its available for our raptors, think its more for the diesel market. The user manual for the Livewire clearly states you cannot change tunes while the engine is running.

If you are wanting some visuals, then the Livewire, if not important or not sure what you are reading, save $$ and get the proven X4. I had the iTSX with 5* and SVC and ended up selling it once I tried the Pedal Commander. Even the new PC with Bluetooth, you cannot apply firmware updates to it when driving.

FRF changed yes, the new raptor folks. All the OG’s seem to be on FB now unfortunately.

Deanwam8

Reaction score
SCT makes the Livewire TS so not sure of your question.

Do you mean the X4 or BDX or iTSX vs Livewire TS+?

Pretty sure you cannot change tunes with any of these while you are driving since it is reprogramming the PCM. The Livewire has “Switch of the Fly” but that is for the SCT canned tunes and you are changing the power level, not custom tunes like 5star plus I do not believe its available for our raptors, think its more for the diesel market. The user manual for the Livewire clearly states you cannot change tunes while the engine is running.

If you are wanting some visuals, then the Livewire, if not important or not sure what you are reading, save $$ and get the proven X4. I had the iTSX with 5* and SVC and ended up selling it once I tried the Pedal Commander. Even the new PC with Bluetooth, you cannot apply firmware updates to it when driving.

FRF changed yes, the new raptor folks. All the OG’s seem to be on FB now unfortunately.

This is good info...as I am also going to have to make a decision soon. I am stuck between an SCT X4 or the nGauge by Lund Racing. Thoughts??

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just bought an unmarried SCT x4, had the SVC tune on it from the PO, but he kept it on his truck, so I'm looking at 5 star tune. Don't plan on other mods and I run 91 all the time. Which tunes should I get?

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got my 91 daily driven tune from 5star. So far so good. I know the trans needs to relearn how I drive, so I was expecting some firmer shifts. Does seem a bit peppier. No knocking or otherwise funny sounds, even under full throttle.

Dbats

Reaction score
So I just picked up a new SCT X4 and I immediately ordered a tune from 5star, got the email with it yesterday.

I ordered the 87 performance tune and it feels like I'm driving a completely different truck the 6.2 felt pretty sluggish, a lot more than it should to me. The tune I got cleared that up immediately, definitely a hell of a lot more fun to drive.