General Tire Surprise!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Has anyone every had this happen to their General Grabbers? This did not happen out on the trails. This I found happening in my driveway two weeks after my last desert run. It heard it leaking air when I found it.

Let me know. I'm curious.

generaltear.jpg

Banned
Reaction score
Wow that's odd for sure, I haven't heard of this on the several forums I visits, maybe it was a defective tire. Any warranty on em?

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got a lot of cracks in mine (all in the tread though). One in particular is bothersome...hopefully it doesn't lead to leaking air.

Hope you can get a new one ordered (or find a used one) soon.

OP
OP
RaptorAddict.com

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I do have two spares with me at all times, but still, now I know for sure I need two when I go out after seeing this. What's bound to happen with the other ones. Makes me think. Maybe another brand.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kirk, I have a long slash in one of my Generals, it is perpendicular to the one you posted and goes right down the center of the tread. It's leaky too.
Mine definitely happened offroading in rocky desert though.

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic.... If you look closely you'll see the slash is deepest at the middle, but it actually extends pretty much all the way from the bottom left corner of the pic to the top right corner
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339767927.563511.jpg

OP
OP
RaptorAddict.com

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Strange. I would think someone slashed mine, but it's on the inner wall. Who would take the time. Plus it was a slow leak but I could hear it. Very disappointing. Plus I've been saying great things about these tires. Now I don't know.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Strange. I would think someone slashed mine, but it's on the inner wall. Who would take the time. Plus it was a slow leak but I could hear it. Very disappointing. Plus I've been saying great things about these tires. Now I don't know.

Maybe they were trying for your brake lines... Lol

-Greg

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I'm over the Grabbers. I'm excited to experiment with some new rubber. The Grabbers have great grip in the sand and tread wear has been ok considering what ive put them through, but the weight, fading, browning, cracking, etc are all negatives for me. They look great when new, and I used to post about how much I loved these tires, but I tore mine up pretty fast. The weight is the primary reason I'm looking to make a change.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm over the Grabbers. I'm excited to experiment with some new rubber. The Grabbers have great grip in the sand and tread wear has been ok considering what ive put them through, but the weight, fading, browning, cracking, etc are all negatives for me. They look great when new, and I used to post about how much I loved these tires, but I tore mine up pretty fast. The weight is the primary reason I'm looking to make a change.

What the top contenders for the next set of rubber?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free