General Grabber A/T X 315/70R17 121 S Tire WALLMART CHEAP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve never had good luck with tires from Walmart or Sams. It’s like they get the rejects or something. However I will say I put 68k miles on a set of General Grabber ATX’s and they were great! They are mushier and heavier but they handled well in all types of terrain and wore evenly. Wishing I went with them again since my BFG TKO’s are not wearing as well. Actually these TKO’s are the worst ones I’ve ever owned. BFG must have dropped the ball or something.

OP
OP
SRQ_Raptor

SRQ_Raptor

Reaction score
I’ve never had good luck with tires from Walmart or Sams. It’s like they get the rejects or something. However I will say I put 68k miles on a set of General Grabber ATX’s and they were great! They are mushier and heavier but they handled well in all types of terrain and wore evenly. Wishing I went with them again since my BFG TKO’s are not wearing as well. Actually these TKO’s are the worst ones I’ve ever owned. BFG must have dropped the ball or something.
Thanks for the insight; the ATX's might just be my next tire!

rschap1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Walmart has been "price leader" in my area for quite a while now.
Father in Law was in the commercial tire business.
Even a few years before he retired, he quit being able to get deals better than Walmart.
He used to get me old stock or special deals that were WAY cheaper than any other places.
Most of the time less than half of Discount, Belle, or anything else I could find.
Few years ago he told me that he was just getting his own stuff at Walmart at lower price.
The closest to me used to have a pretty good staff and service, but recent crew isn't the best and makes me rethink if price is only concern.