General error code 11060 when loading new 5 Star tunes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SCT does make an Android and iPhone App programmer with a Bluetooth or WiFi OBD11 adapter.

Haven't seen anyone using it yet but had I see that before buying the X4,
I would have gone that route.

I have it. Works well.

johnny ringo

Reaction score
I just had to send my SCT Livewire back to SCT last week for General Error Codes (21200 and 10028)...

Was working fine one day, then the next morning it just stopped working. Glad it was still under warranty. Called SCT and worked with tech support, they logged into it remotely (PC USB) and was unable to resolve it. They said it was a error caused by a corrupt file and they would have to replace the unit...and "try" to retrieve the factory/programmed tunes...but no guarantee they could save it...

So be sure you always save the .bef file to your home PC as soon as you get a SCT programmer, then you'll have a copy of your factory tune in case something like this ever happens and you can reload the file to the new replacement SCT. Thankfully I did all that as soon as I originally bought the unit!
- - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I know this is old post, but it may help someone else out reading this.
I just had this happen to me yesterday. I've had my SCT livewire TS tuner from 5-Star for 5 years and i've only bounced back between 93 octane tune and stock tune just for inspection annually. This time i decided to finally hook it up to wifi and see if there were updates. 5 updates so i began uploading them. It lost connection to wifi and never finished the last upload resulting in alot of error messages and it was basically useless and left me in the stock tune.
Called tech support, he had me in truck reading off error codes, 110028 was one of them, and a few others i don't remember. tHIS IS WHEN HE TOLD ME THE FIRMWARE WAS CORRUPTED. After that he had me hook it up to pc, we uploaded the Device updater site and i allowed him access through the support tech team viewer program. 45 minutes of him re-installing the firmware and he would check the data logs record afterwards and it always showed the firmware updated successfully, but the last log always said error. As I watched, he did this same thing again. uploading previous versions of the firmware the unit had on file. same thing on log, successful but last log said error. He then said it was a hardware issue, said the tuner was outdated and it wasn't compatible with the new software updates and that the hardware failed. I said, so your updates killed my tuner? he said it was bound to fail sooner rather than later and by running an update hurried up the process. Didn't make sense to me but okay. So he then says there is one more thing he can try. I watched as he does the same exact thing, uploading previous versions of the firmware at random, but same three that the tuner had previously had (always finishing up on a really old version), he checks the log and last log is error.

He says my options are to send unit in for repair for $100, if i'm lucky they can recover my tunes. He says most likely I'll get new unit at cost of $240. I then argue that they'll probably make me pay another 250 for the tunes afterwards. Any how, i only exchanged emails and hung up with him. Still not buying that it is the hardware, i went into Device Updater, you can upload the firmware yourself. on the Device updater page through Derive Systems, click on update firmware, it'll say for tech use only in parenthesis, but you can use it and it will bring up all the times your tuners firmware has been updated. My truck i bought used in 2015 and the guy before me had updated it every two months that he owned it. I simply went to most recent date, uploaded it. I didn't check the logs because honestly i know a little about computers but not a lot.
I went out to truck and plugged it in to OBD2 port and it came on as always, everything worked as it did before. All my customs tunes were back, loaded the 93 octane tune and everything is back the way it was.
Now i'll definately save mine to PC, but just wanted to post this as a warning for those of us who have had their tuners for a long time, I'm pretty sure when I lost wifi connection it interrupted the firmware and never completed. Remember when the tech guy immediately told me the firmware was corrupt upon reading the codes in the truck. This made sense to me (if you are going to update it, bring it inside and use usb on pc instead of relying on wifi out in the driveway. What burns me is this tech guy knew what it was, I watched him load the same firmware I did, but he would then go to an even older firmware than that to finish it up with, I"m assuming to insure him that he would get the error code to come up in logs, so he could play me.
Sucks you can't trust anyone from support.. hopefully I just got the one tech guy that wants to make money over helping someone.. be careful out there guys, happy tuning..

Last edited: