General error code 11060 when loading new 5 Star tunes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife bought me an SCT X4 tuner from Mike at 5 Star for Xmas for my Raptor and I tried to load a tune on Xmas night and it went through the whole procedure of saving my stock tune and it asked which tune I wanted to load and I chose one and it appeared to load also until the very end when I got the general error # 11060 and then it said to return to the stock tune which I did. It seemed to go fine until the end when it said unable to load stock tune and gave me error # 110D8. I emailed Mike and he and Chris got right back to me and on Xmas night which I was pretty happy about :) SCT on the other hand has been ZERO help. I spent over 2 hrs on hold (1 hr 2 different times yesterday) and I just about lost my mind when the guy said if I lock myself out of my truck that it will cost me $150 for them to unlock it. That is total BS and I'm about one more email or ridiculous phone from SCT from sending the unit back. Has anyone had either of these error codes and is there anything I can do or do I have to wait until Monday and sit on hold again for another hr with SCT?? :mad:

D

Deleted member 12951

Why don't you just send it back and have 5 Star replace the tuner?, that is what they should do. They might of set it up wrong. I assume your wife gave them the PCM code and VIN.

GT stang

Reaction score
you may need a new pcm .. this shit happened to me when I had my 2012 mustang

the sct had some glitch and didn't save my full stock tune .. so when I tried to load the stock tune it wont load to 100% and I was unable to start the car ..

your option is either you flash the pcm at the dealer or buy a new pcm if they cant flash it

jacobp

Reaction score
This happened to me twice with my SCT tuner from 5 star. I had to call SCT and they had to rebuild the stock tune both times but they told me that it should now never happen again

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Many thank yous to everyone on their patience on this issue! We have been working diligently with SCT on this error. It is an error that is rooted within the devices firmware (an area we have very limited access) and we are working with them to find a long-term solution for this.

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had to send my SCT Livewire back to SCT last week for General Error Codes (21200 and 10028)...

Was working fine one day, then the next morning it just stopped working. Glad it was still under warranty. Called SCT and worked with tech support, they logged into it remotely (PC USB) and was unable to resolve it. They said it was a error caused by a corrupt file and they would have to replace the unit...and "try" to retrieve the factory/programmed tunes...but no guarantee they could save it...

So be sure you always save the .bef file to your home PC as soon as you get a SCT programmer, then you'll have a copy of your factory tune in case something like this ever happens and you can reload the file to the new replacement SCT. Thankfully I did all that as soon as I originally bought the unit!

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is good advice right there!!!

I have mine on the PC and my backup drive and even emailed it to myself like a lot of other files, so it's in the cloud incase I'm away from home.

Last edited:

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is good advice right there!!!

I have mine on the PC and my backup drive and even emailed it to myself like a lot of other files, so it's in the cloud incase I'm away from home.

Honestly, I'll probably carry my Laptop PC with me anywhere I go from here on out (aka on a road vacation)... that way I have the ability to access the unit and can give remote access to SCT if needed.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SCT does make an Android and iPhone App programmer with a Bluetooth or WiFi OBD11 adapter.

Haven't seen anyone using it yet but had I see that before buying the X4,
I would have gone that route.