Gen3 Raptor Triple Fog Light Kits from KR Off-Road are here! (Baja Designs, Diode Dynamics, Morimoto)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mstgkillr

Reaction score
I am preparing to install the following fogs on my 2021 Raptor:
  • BD Squadron SAE Wide Cornering (White)
  • BD Squadron SAE Wide Cornering (Amber)
  • BD Squadron Pro Driving/Combo (White)
Unfortunately, I am second guessing my lighting choice, which I selected, so it’s on me.

My priority is safely driving in dense fog or very heavy rain. I understand SAE amber lights wold be ideal on public roads and should perform well with light fog/rain. However, would the Pro with an amber wide cornering lens perform better in really dense fog or very heavy rain, or would the additional light (even yellow) get reflected back?

I’m thinking I should have went with the following instead:
  • BD Squadron Pro Wide Cornering (White)
  • BD Squadron Pro Wide Cornering (Amber)
  • BD Squadron Pro Driving/Combo (White)
Or maybe another recommendation?

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having this dilemma as well. Although I'm looking at the DD SS3 Pros vs the BD Pro's. I need the Amber Fogs for winter out here in Colorado. I've been stuck coming back from the mountains in heavy snow and snow covered roads. White light in those conditions does not help whatsoever.

I thin the extra Lumens, candela, etc isnt going to be hugely different as infrequently as i'll use them. Have you tried contacting the vendor you purchased from?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Diode Dynamics Pros have a bit more lumen over the Baja Desgins Pros. When you go into the Diode MAX, then they have a LOT more lumen.

If you care about street legal/street use more then off-road capable lights, go with Diode Dynamics. They make a better wide pattern in higher lumen packages. But their powder coating isn't as high quality as Baja. Not an issue if you don't hit the trails every single weekend.

Mstg did contact us direct (which is why we didn't respond here, we already helped him out)

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We're currently in the process of moving into a larger facility but we're still shipping fog kits out for those who need them. All kits are in stock so no waiting for your order to ship!

Grab them at our website at www.4x4TruckELDs.com

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We settled into our new warehouse and we've got TONS of Gen3 Kits in stock. Basically if Baja Designs makes it, WE STOCK IT! We have our KR Off-Road fog kits, the Baja Designs Dual and Triple Kits, their light bar kits, triple squadron kits for behind the grill as well as reverse kits.

Get those orders in!

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just a reminder our Memorial Day sales are LIVE right now. Our Fog Kits ALREADY have a discount built into the kit but right now we're taking ANOTHER 10% off the kit!

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
With supply chain shortages still out there rest assured we've got you covered!

We've got Baja Designs, Diode Dynamics, Morimoto and Rigid Industries lights IN STOCK

Order today and it'll ship out right away from our Long Island warehouse.

If you are local to our Lindenhrust store you can also schedule installation with us and hangout in our awesome customer lounge while we take care of the hard work (although it's not a difficult task, you can do it yourself)

Use coupon code FOGS and save some $$ on that triple fog kit.

Grab your favorite setup here:

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford/ford-f-150/2021-f-150-raptor/fog-lights/

Don't forget, use coupon code FOGS at checkout and save 5% off your complete fog kit (with KR Off-Road brackets, which already have a built in discount).

Each kit also includes the factory OEM pigtails for a quick and easy installation!

PLENTY in stock ready to ship right away from our Long Island, NY warehouse.

If you are local, you can also schedule an installation with us at our store!

Many people ask us what the differences are between Baja Designs and Diode Dynamics, so this might help you decide:

Baja Designs makes a better quality light. Their finish is better and the light takes more abuse. They also include a lifetime warranty.
Diode Dynamics makes a brighter light though. Their finish isn't as durable as the Baja Designs lights (powder coating instead of an anodized housing). And you only get an 8 year warranty.

Diode Dynamics are less $$ though.

Baja Designs Squadron Sports are 3150 lumen each
Diode Dynamics SS3 Sports are 2262 lumen each

Baja Designs Squadron Pros are 4800 lumen each
Diode Dynamics SS3 Pros are 5796 lumen each

Diode Dynamics also has an SS3 Max which are 7920 lumen each

So when it comes to the Pros, Diode Dynamics SS3 are brighter.

Baja has 4 patterns basically. Spot, Wide, Work/Scene and then a combo pattern they call Driving/Combo (it's both a spot AND a wide pattern)
Diode has 5 patterns. Spot, SAE Fog (Wide pattern)... they then do things a bit different. They have a Flood pattern (similar to the work/scene from Baja) but also add in a Driving pattern now also (which is similar to a high beam. It's kind of like a wide spot pattern). Their combo pattern is both a driving and a flood pattern.

Diode also offers a back-light option, so you can have the lights back-lit if you wanted for ambiance.

1664929771163.png

When it comes down to it. We find more Raptor owners choose Baja Designs over Diode Dynamics for the warranty and quality of the housing. Diode Dynamics gets chosen by folks who don't plan to really off-road a lot and want a brighter street legal light (as they have a brighter street legal fog light, whereas Baja Designs SAE Fog was designed to be JUST a fog light, not too bright at all since that's what the other lights would be for).

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
In a day/age where finding inventory is tough... look no further! We have a complete warehouse STOCKED with fog lights from all your favorite brands. We've always aimed to maintain our OWN inventory at our own warehouse here on Long Island, NY to ensure our customers orders ship within 24 hours.

Each of our fog kits includes a pair of our USA made (made here on Long Island, NY) brackets, our wiring harness and 3 pairs of lights.

A complete plug and play, bolt on fog kit for your bronco, IN STOCK.

Order yours here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford/ford-f-150/2021-f-150-raptor/fog-lights/

Raptor4.jpg