Gen3 MSRP and Dealer Markup policy worksheet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or..... get this...... an unpopular comment, I am aware....... Just don't buy.

I am astonished at how many people think right now is a great time to buy a vehicle. Dealer greed for supply and demand will destroy the market. Also, nobody is concerned about the COVID workforce that turns over daily (both vehicle assembly line and the parts suppliers themselves)? I am not buying ANY big ticket items until things get back to normal. If that is never, I am also ok with that. Luckily, I got my new vehicles right before COVID, and my house is a well built custom home in a cheap tax area. All are wins.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I am astonished at how many people think right now is a great time to buy a vehicle. Dealer greed for supply and demand will destroy the market. Also, nobody is concerned about the COVID workforce that turns over daily (both vehicle assembly line and the parts suppliers themselves)?

Yup. There’s surely some folks who through no fault of their own need a vehicle now and seeing things are thinking F*** it, let’s go big. But yeah, a lot of discretionary buyers, some of whom are probably stretched a little thin to make the purchase.

Though I don’t see a whole lot more complaints about Jen Tres trucks than 2017. Some, sure, but it’s not a horror show.

I’m glad to not need a new one now for sure. I want one of course, but don’t need one. :)

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
No Doubt, my first house was $89k for a 3 bed 2 car garage in Panama City FL in 2001
LOL Ours was 106.5k; row house townhouse in southern Maryland, circa ’93.
Definitely metro DC housing dollars did not and do not go as far as other places :)

Has anyone tried to score a Rap through a buying service to see if there’s any relief from the insane ADM policies? It’s a stretch, and didn’t get me anywhere in ’16 but who knows...

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL Ours was 106.5k; row house townhouse in southern Maryland, circa ’93.
Definitely metro DC housing dollars did not and do not go as far as other places :)

Has anyone tried to score a Rap through a buying service to see if there’s any relief from the insane ADM policies? It’s a stretch, and didn’t get me anywhere in ’16 but who knows...
Damn I’m old, I got both of you beat, my first house was 74k in the Bay Area, 1983! Anyone know if Teegray pulled the trigger? Regardless, go to carguru and search for 2021 Raptors nationwide. Yesterday a few had a 30k “adjustment“. Times have changed and I don’t think prices will come down anytime soon, if ever. Let’s go brandon!

teegray1124

Reaction score
Damn I’m old, I got both of you beat, my first house was 74k in the Bay Area, 1983! Anyone know if Teegray pulled the trigger? Regardless, go to carguru and search for 2021 Raptors nationwide. Yesterday a few had a 30k “adjustment“. Times have changed and I don’t think prices will come down anytime soon, if ever. Let’s go brandon!
Definitely didn't pull the trigger, not for a truck. Ill wait or ill just get a Silverado zr2.