Gen3 Lug pattern and offset clarification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MookeyB37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas… so I currently have a Gen3 37 on order and have been looking to order rims/tires before it arrives but haven’t been able to find solid info on whether or not fitment will be the same as the Gen2. I’m sure some of you might have the same question so I figured I’d share what I was told today…

I spoke with a rep from Custom Offset today whom was extremely helpful and looked into this for me. After speaking with wheel pros and their Ford rep, he said that nothing is changing as far as fitment from the Gen2 to the Gen3 35 model.

Unfortunately he wasn’t positive with the 37 models when it came to whether or not a 37” tire on an aftermarket wheel with negative offset would have rubbing issues.

Anyone know what was done up front to accommodate the stock 37” ?

RaptorMan703

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Road and Track says:

“The front shock absorber is upgraded with a larger rod, and 37-equipped trucks have a different spring perch location for the front suspension. The rear suspension—an all-new five-link setup with Panhard bar—gets unique shock absorbers and bump stops as part of the 37-inch tire package.”

wheel sizes Per Raptor911:
“from @FordTechOne ... Thank you!
Cast Aluminum: +1.3”/34mm
Forged Aluminum (bead lock): +1.3”/34mm
“Raptor 37” forged aluminum bead lock: +1.2”/30mm”

OP
OP
MookeyB37

MookeyB37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a big culprit of front end rubbing in the gen2 was the crash bars and the plastic wheel well liners… not sure if these were redesigned for the gen3

robopop

Reaction score
If it helps, this is what I ordered. I am replacing the GEN3 37 beadlocks

GEN3 37" beadlocks:
17x8.5
Offset +34mm

Ordered:
17x8.5
Offset +6mm

Should should push the wheels out just about 1" from stock. There may be some rubbing issues to deal with.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score

GEN3 37" beadlocks:
17x8.5
Offset +34mm

Ordered:
17x8.5
Offset +6mm

Should should push the wheels out just about 1" from stock. There may be some rubbing issues to deal with.
You should be good that is the exact spec/offset Icon setup their wheels for the raptor to maintain full articulation...

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score

GEN3 37" beadlocks:
17x8.5
Offset +34mm

Ordered:
17x8.5
Offset +6mm

Gen3 37 OEM wheels are 30+ offset.

I am running 35 at -1 offset with no running whatsoever. I had the same -1 offset wheels on my GEN2 and there was rubbing. The GEN3 wheel wells are def much bigger.

Metronome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Road and Track says:

“The front shock absorber is upgraded with a larger rod, and 37-equipped trucks have a different spring perch location for the front suspension. The rear suspension—an all-new five-link setup with Panhard bar—gets unique shock absorbers and bump stops as part of the 37-inch tire package.”

wheel sizes Per Raptor911:
“from @FordTechOne ... Thank you!
Cast Aluminum: +1.3”/34mm
Forged Aluminum (bead lock): +1.3”/34mm
“Raptor 37” forged aluminum bead lock: +1.2”/30mm”
It’s a lot of marketing fluff for ‘nothing really different between the two’. Rods are different and bump stops are adjusted to address the extra height of the tire. From what I’ve seen from Eibach is in testing the two there is very little if any difference at all in the actual absorption and compression between the two and as far as ‘tuning’ goes I think that’s Ford’s way of justifying the extra cost. Fitment will be impacted with negative offset wheels so you will likely have to do some trimming depending on how negative you go. 0 hasn’t seem to cause any issues, -12 and more starts to get a bit more questionable and “rubby”