GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is the lincoln style mirror mod? ive seen it in forscan when messing aroudn with other items. Also are you serious about being able to turn on massage seats? figured that wouldnt have been included in our seats

It just folds the mirrors when you lock the door and unfolds the mirrors. When you unlock the door, I’m not sure but I believe all the GEN threes have that option in the vehicle settings.

Yes the gen3 has auto fold and open but there is a difference. Not exactly sure what that is but someone here posted previously the difference
regular folding mirrors = fold/unfold on lock/unlock

lincoln mirrors = fold on lock, DO NOT unfold on unlock, unfold only after drivers door is opened then closed or unfold if vehicle started before drivers door closed. Advantage: can unlock vehicle to access rear cab, or tailgate without mirrors unfolding. I think there is a sequence as well where the drivers door can be opened then locked again before closing the door and the mirrors stay folded. I dont know how the passenger door behaves, probably as the rear doors

Last edited:

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
regular folding mirrors = fold/unfold on lock/unlock

lincoln mirrors = fold on lock, DO NOT unfold on unlock, unfold only after drivers door is opened then closed or unfold if vehicle started before drivers door closed. Advantage: can unlock vehicle to access rear cab, or tailgate without mirrors unfolding. I think there is a sequence as well where the drivers door can be opened then locked again before closing the door and the mirrors stay folded. I dont know how the passenger door behaves, probably as the rear doors
Ty. I knew there was a difference. I’m just happy to have them fold upon locking. It’s how I know when I glance back it’s locked.

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding OTA updates, I’ve only received two Ford Power-up updates. Mind posting the update you speak of? Should be visible in your Ford Pass app.
Mine says Oct 5, 2022 and Ford Power Up 3.5.2. Also, I have a 2021—so I don't know if that matters and if they changed stuff on the 22.

MikeLadd

Reaction score
Very nice, just added the global windows a minute ago. MY22 job 1 I think. Total changes I have:

1. Quiet time mode in the apim
  2. DRL INCLUDE FOGS
  3. FOGS STAY ON WITH HIGH BEAMS
  4. DRL INCLUDES PARK LAMPS
  5. DOUBLE HONK DISABLE
  6. Keyfob Tailgate Release - disabled
  7. Lane Change blinker to 5
  8. Disables door ajar chime
  9. Global Windows down/up
KC can you send me the info for the windows. I've tried 3 separate times on my Gen3 and oddly it disables my key fob auto start. I reset it back but still haven't got it quite right. Thanks

MikeLadd

Reaction score
Ok.. so here's a random question.. and don't remember seeing anything to it in this thread at least.

This is for the iphone ppl and carplay.

had truck for going on 3 weeks now.. just did a few basic forscan mods.. seat belts, honk disable, windows up/dwn, and the glare free.

that was a week after getting it and everything still worked just fine. all of the sudden, the carplay will just not connect at all. I've 'forgotten' the phone and truck respectively.. and retried. Like 10 times already. Got it to reconnect last night and then this morning, get in .. and Btooth only, no carplay again.

Has anyone experienced this?

Note the phone software version is 15.5... phone is a 11 pro max.. phone was working on this version the whole time.. this would be my next move..to update the phone.. but as fellow Iphone ppl can attest to, not always the best for a slightly older phone all the time.
You have to disable your WiFi for Carplay to connect to Bluetooth. Unless you leave WiFi on and connect your phone with the cable. Then carplay will show up on the screen.

MikeLadd

Reaction score
I had the admin remove the thread because i didnt want others using the brightness setting if it is causing undesired effects. I was unable to edit the original post so i had to delete it. No ford conspiracies.

DRL INCLUDE FOGS
726-39-01 02xx xxxx xxxx

FOGS STAY ON WITH HIGH BEAMS
726-39-02 xxxx0 xxxx xxxx

DRL INCLUDES PARK LAMPS
726-38-01 xxxx xxxx 01xx

DOUBLE HONK DISABLE
726-63-02 ***0 xxxx xxxx

LANE CHANGE BLINK NUMBER WITH DEFAULT 8C
724-01-01 xxxx **xx xxxx
80=NULL, 84=1, 88=2, 8C=3, 90=4, 94=5, 98=6, 9C=7, A0=8, A4=9, A8=10

LANE CHANGE BLINK NUMBER WITH DEFAULT 0C
724-01-01 xxxx **xx xxxx
00=NULL, 04=1, 08=2, 0C=3, 10=4, 14=5, 18=6, 1C=7, 20=8, 24=9, 28=10

OFF-ROAD IOD
7D0-01-03 xxxx xxxx 2***

View attachment 328026
Quick question, how do I know if I have default 8C or 0C

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i may have missed this in the thread, but has anyone used forscan to add offroad mode to their 2021?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i may have missed this in the thread, but has anyone used forscan to add offroad mode to their 2021?
Hope this sheds a little light…

Attachments

• 66CE6BD1-1B4C-442C-863D-4BADAF97CD49.png
    66CE6BD1-1B4C-442C-863D-4BADAF97CD49.png
    927.6 KB · Views: 119

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope this sheds a little light…
I'm aware of the modes available on the '21--having driven a '22 with an actual offroad mode in addition to rock crawl, baja, snow/sand, i figured this would be something that could be easily added. you can unlock all of the "goat" modes on any trim bronco using forscan so figured that would be the case here

j1nino

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Unreal Theme? I got it to work with the climate bar but found it more annoying to switch between menus so I switched back.