GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes the menu updated.

Glare free enables the more modern high beam tech that was recently made legal by a new bill. Ford was already installing the hardware and you just have to enable it.

The new tech keeps the high beams on at all times while driving at night. It used the traffic camera system to track cars and rather than turning offf the high beams it just dims out a swath where the other car is.

You still need to make the changes in all of the other modules listed for glare free to work. That Apim setting is just adding it to the menu on your screen.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked this very same question around pg 9. Jump to pg 9, there's a video demonstrating this feature.

got it thank you.

i remember bmw had this on their 7 series a long time ago. Not sure if they still implement this or not. I'll give it a try and see how it works LOL.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok.. so here's a random question.. and don't remember seeing anything to it in this thread at least.

This is for the iphone ppl and carplay.

had truck for going on 3 weeks now.. just did a few basic forscan mods.. seat belts, honk disable, windows up/dwn, and the glare free.

that was a week after getting it and everything still worked just fine. all of the sudden, the carplay will just not connect at all. I've 'forgotten' the phone and truck respectively.. and retried. Like 10 times already. Got it to reconnect last night and then this morning, get in .. and Btooth only, no carplay again.

Has anyone experienced this?

Note the phone software version is 15.5... phone is a 11 pro max.. phone was working on this version the whole time.. this would be my next move..to update the phone.. but as fellow Iphone ppl can attest to, not always the best for a slightly older phone all the time.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok.. so here's a random question.. and don't remember seeing anything to it in this thread at least.

had truck for going on 3 weeks now.. just did a few basic forscan mods.. seat belts, honk disable, windows up/dwn, and the glare free.

that was a week after getting it and everything still worked just fine. all of the sudden, the carplay will just not connect at all. I've 'forgotten' the phone and truck respectively.. and retried. Like 10 times already. Got it to reconnect last night and then this morning, get in .. and Btooth only, no carplay again.

Note the phone software version is 15.5... phone is a 11 pro max.. phone was working on this version the whole time.. this would be my next move..to update the phone.. but as fellow Iphone ppl can attest to, not always the best for a slightly older phone all the time.
So far I have not run into any issues. I did notice that that infotainment rebooted when doing APIM updates and wondered if this would mess with CarPlay. As far as I can tell all is well. I'm on iOS 16.0 and have done honk disable, glare free, and a few others. Didn't used FORScan for seatbelts and haven't done global windows, but neither of those edits APIM which is what would have thought would affect CarPlay.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far I have not run into any issues. I did notice that that infotainment rebooted when doing APIM updates and wondered if this would mess with CarPlay. As far as I can tell all is well. I'm on iOS 16.0 and have done honk disable, glare free, and a few others. Didn't used FORScan for seatbelts and haven't done global windows, but neither of those edits APIM which is what would have thought would affect CarPlay.
Right.. and mine has been working until just two days ago, after forscan mods. even right after the APIM change.. maybe it is my phone's version, but just strange that it would act up now and before..like, at all.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have this problem also. I updated phone to ios16, still have the problem. And the radio would always default to “off.” I’ve reset my phone a couple times. Sometimes my phone disconnects mid drive.

One thing i try to do when i first start the truck, is wait a minute for everything to boot up and load completely before i start fidgeting with stuff like the radio and “r” mode.

Seems to be doing a little better as of late.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this problem also. I updated phone to ios16, still have the problem. And the radio would always default to “off.” I’ve reset my phone a couple times. Sometimes my phone disconnects mid drive.

One thing i try to do when i first start the truck, is wait a minute for everything to boot up and load completely before i start fidgeting with stuff like the radio and “r” mode.

Seems to be doing a little better as of late.
which forscan mods have you done? and did this phone issue start before or after? did you update the phone because of this issue?

wonder if the truck just DL'ed some kind of update and messed it up.. what else could it be?