GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think your pop up is from the 734-01-04. It should be xx56 d1xx. That should get rid of the pop up on the dash but won’t fix the dtc issue we have. Good catch on the headlights not acting correctly I missed that.
Thanks. Can you take a pic of your values and post it here for this particular code.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. Can you take a pic of your values and post it here for this particular code.
Disregard this request @taco-13. Those 2 issues (check headlamp system & HCM dtc U2101) have been resolved by writing D1xx vs xxD1. I also have different values for the second set of characters after restarting…D167 vs A137 as depicted in @GoldBeach image, see my pic below. Will go for a stroll tonight to 1) see if I get flashed 2) see if that made a difference with the low beams not doing their shimmy shake & 3) see what the hype is all about!

Thanks for pointing out that correction @taco-13!

Attachments

• 922CC58B-F76F-40BD-A363-E6883EF6F298.jpeg
    922CC58B-F76F-40BD-A363-E6883EF6F298.jpeg
    273.6 KB · Views: 87

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No thanks; I backed up the originals I made changes to. Everything’s all good now…no codes, no dash messages. You should give it another shot!
Cool glad that got it fixed up. Let us know how it works out driving around at night. Really curious why it doesn’t do the light check on start up.

Kinger9

Reaction score
***Back up your modules and use the below at your own risk****

All of the changes below are required. Result in your Setting menu will be Glare Free replacing Auto hi-beams, you won't have both. Also, on the bottom left corner of the dash, you will push the stalk forward to cycle through no indicator, green Auto indicator, and blue hi-beams indicator (hi-beams off, glare-free, normal hi-beams on respectively).

Glare Free Menu (replaces Auto High beam) in APIM:
7D0-09-01 x1xx xxxx
7D0-09-03 xxCx xxxx
Note: a module reset in FORScan or power cycle is required for the menu to appear.

IPMA
706-01-01 xxxx xxx9

SCCM
724-04-01 xxx4 xxxx

IPC
720-01-01 xx8x xxxx
720-10-01 xxxx xxx3

HCM
734-01-01 xxxx xx01
734-01-02 x3xx xxxx

Short bed with scales / ccd or Raptor
734-01-04 xx56 D1

Credit to ROBB1, tonesto7, and Livnitup over at F150gen14.com forum.
So these still apply or what did you do to get rid of the error? Anything missing to these steps?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So these still apply or what did you do to get rid of the error? Anything missing to these steps?
Nothing missing to the steps. And Yes, you must make all those changes @ganooch outlined. Be sure you update your Forscan to the latest software to avoid any issues. I was running ver 2.3.43 but updated software to ver 2.3.47 (latest version) prior to making any changes. I ran into 2 issues only because I wrote xxD1 (bad) vs D1xx (good). Once I made the change, no errors messages or DTCs received. Now go knock it out! Lol

Btw, if you do receive any DTCs after changing everything “correctly“, clear them and you’ll be good to go!

Kinger9

Reaction score
Nothing missing to the steps. And Yes, you must make all those changes @ganooch outlined. Be sure you update your Forscan to the latest software to avoid any issues. I was running ver 2.3.43 but updated software to ver 2.3.47 (latest version) prior to making any changes. I ran into 2 issues only because I wrote xxD1 (bad) vs D1xx (good). Once I made the change, no errors messages or DTCs received. Now go knock it out! Lol

Btw, if you do receive any DTCs after changing everything “correctly“, clear them and you’ll be good

Btw, if you do receive any DTCs after changing everything “correctly“, clear them and you’ll be good to go!
I did the same error as you LOL Corrected via your post and no warning. I assume no High beam it will just do its thing on the headlight with a"A" in it? Pretty coolto see them cycle when you start up! Thanks a ton!!

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did the same error as you LOL Corrected via your post and no warning. I assume no High beam it will just do its thing on the headlight with a"A" in it? Pretty coolto see them cycle when you start up! Thanks a ton!!
Awesome, you got everything working! Yes, they will do their thing with the high beam set to “Auto”. Just took a short drive down a back road and to my points earlier 1) I didn’t get flashed 2) the low beams are back to normal when turning the steering wheel left or right (I would say it’s even more pronounced now as you can visually see the low beams move with the slightest turn of the wheel) & 3) it is worth the hype…more light coverage is always a good thing, yeah!

If you’re on the fence about it, jump that MF & do it! LMAO!!