GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CACRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok took your advice and sent an email off to support.

This is the only issue that I can see in the log

2022-04-28 19:40:08.637 [Comm Adapter] Error on reading data!
2022-04-28 19:40:08.637 [Comm Adapter] OBDII to RS232 interpreter not found
2022-04-28 19:40:08.638 [Ford Vehicle] FTDI #1:D3722AAU works, but no ELM found with baudrate 38400
Please let us know what they say. I am having the same issue.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate that. While I haven’t tried it, and am hoping another member above who doesn’t live far from me may help me out, what I don’t think I’d be able to figure out is the initial step where it’s said you need to save the original settings before proceeding.

I will also say a big thank you to a poster above who mentioned the auto folding mirrors is now in the vehicle settings. I really like that feature.
Autofold in the settings is not the same as Lincoln style autofold which you can enable via FORScan. With Lincoln style the mirrors stay folded until you start the vehicle. The autofold in the settings opens the mirrors when the door is closed.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I started working on this. I am able to change the first 2 in APIM but I am getting an error when trying to change IPMA. It says "Service procedure has been interrupted" I tried several times but it keeps failing with the same message.

I am running 2.3.47 forscan and USB Blinker FS on driver 2.12.36.4. Any ideas?

I also tried my old elmconfig unit. same results.
You can usually brute force this error. When I have received it in the past, it would load the module 10% then say Service Interrupted. Then I would try again and it would go to 18%. I have been able to get into IPMA by quickly retrying 12-15 times. Eventually it loads. May be worth a shot.

Rick955

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go bud…third one down.
Thanks! I actually did do that one, (I thought that equated to the three grill leds to remain on with the DRLs which DID seem to work), but when the truck is back in P, they still all turn off.

Everything else I did worked fine, except the glare free which looks like the same problem discussed above.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I actually did do that one, (I thought that equated to the three grill leds to remain on with the DRLs which DID seem to work), but when the truck is back in P, they still all turn off.

Everything else I did worked fine, except the glare free which looks like the same problem discussed above.
The 3 grill lights always shut off for me when the truck was in park. It appears that is how it works.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can usually brute force this error. When I have received it in the past, it would load the module 10% then say Service Interrupted. Then I would try again and it would go to 18%. I have been able to get into IPMA by quickly retrying 12-15 times. Eventually it loads. May be worth a shot.
I did see that from one of your other posts but hoping it can be improved and that wont be needed.