GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chuckaroo91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that sucks... I'll have to go back and read what your changes were and see if I can help any. Perhaps go back to factory/restore your saved ABD module data, clear DTC, scan, and then see?

All I can think of at the second is redoing what you did in order and see if it continues.

Bambi lights, remove double honk, turn up DRLs and adjust for 37's. Nothing too crazy.

Is there a way to mass upload the factory as-built data? Or its a manual entry for everything? (I'll have to look if I saved down the first time I plugged in).

EDIT: Looks like I have two files. Bdy_CM and PCM data in ABT format from when I first got the truck

Last edited:

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided to try to get Glare free to work and think I got it, menu says glare free now and I am not getting any errors. Question I have is in the Forscan menu where you can just enable and disable the adaptive lights shows disabled, does that have anything to do with the auto high beam or Glare Free?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bambi lights, remove double honk, turn up DRLs and adjust for 37's. Nothing too crazy.

Is there a way to mass upload the factory as-built data? Or its a manual entry for everything? (I'll have to look if I saved down the first time I plugged in).
I've done all that, minus the 37 adjustment, though I've also done the glare-free change.

To my limited knowledge, you must go one by one and restore the ABD values for your entries if you haven't saved them. I screwed up and didn't save mine as built once and simply opened the file as downloaded from Ford, in Notepad, searched for the line, and then went from there with the values. Please PM me if you need help with that - I'll do what I can.
I decided to try to get Glare free to work and think I got it, menu says glare free now and I am not getting any errors. Question I have is in the Forscan menu where you can just enable and disable the adaptive lights shows disabled, does that have anything to do with the auto high beam or Glare Free?
Oof, that's a really loaded question. Simply, no. It is not a one and done option. You MUST go through all the individual modules and make the appropriate settings.

FORSCAN engineers and people behind the scenes attempt to make the best description of what an option does for those of us that don't want to get into the actual configuration (ABD) and go with simple text explanation.

That's absolutely not how it works, plain and simple.

My Mustang was my first foray into FORSCAN and thankfully everything I wanted to change was simple and was also offered by the text description they had.

I read a lot more into enabling glare-free (and not ashamed to say I experimented on an overnight test drive...) before I did it to my own truck. Is what it is.

Lemme know if I can help.

JayRods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No
Not sure where you're getting lost. Choose the country and language then enter your info on this page and hit submit. Will then spit out a list of all the original codes.

View attachment 400258

t sure where you're getting lost. Choose the country and language then enter your info on this page and hit submit. Will then spit out a list of all the original codes

Not sure where you're getting lost. Choose the country and language then enter your info on this page and hit submit. Will then spit out a list of all the original codes.

View attachment 400258
Hey thanks, The correct page came up when I clicked your link, I didn't get that the first time.
Thanks again

Chuckaroo91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I havent noticed this before. Should I be concerned about DTC codes? These are currently showing when I plug in.

PCM: Code: P160A - Control Module Vehicle Options Reconfiguration Error
TRM: Code: U0140 - Lost Communication With Body Control Module
ABS: Code: U0253 - Lost Communication With Accessory Protocol Interface Module
TCU: Code: U0146 - Lost Communication With Serial Data Gateway 'A'
SODC: Code: P160A - Control Module Vehicle Options Reconfiguration Error

View attachment 400201

Reverted back to factory values and a PCM relearn did the trick for those that encounter this issue.

Last edited:

ekav555

Reaction score
Im having brain fog! It’s been a few months since I did Forescan. Obviously replace the values where x is not but what about the “-“

Eg: 7D0-01-04 xxxx FDxx xx--

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Negative. "X" is where you do NOT change the value.

Normally the shown value, 1,3,F, whatever - is the value that will set the option.