GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

socal raptor

Reaction score
Odd..8% is where the old versions of forscan were stalling then getting access denied. I ran on the test version I linked, on a win 10 laptop with no issues. Several off-road shops and other members have messaged me letting me know it works.
it never said access denied which is the weird part. It was a different message

DCM

Reaction score
Kinda new to forescan. Can some explain what these 3 things are?

FESWS, QTEM, CEA?

On the QTEM (I'm trying to start the truck in quiet mode), would we be enabeling this or disabeling this? In easy mode of forescan (non as build) the factory setting is "enabled". You'd think this enabled would allow quiet start yet the factory setting doesn't allow this.
Do you have a 21 or 22?

On 21s Quiet Time Exhaust Mode (QTEM) is already a menu option. You do not need to mess with Forscan. Turn it on in the settings and set the times you want it enabled.

The menu went away on the 22s. To get it to show up you need to enable QTEM using Forscan.

I don’t know what FoE Seatbelt Warning Strategy or Clear Exit Assitant does. I left these set to factory settings in Forscan. I think they were both disabled, but not positive.

Torchy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
***Back up your modules and use the below at your own risk****

All of the changes below are required. Result in your Setting menu will be Glare Free replacing Auto hi-beams, you won't have both. Also, on the bottom left corner of the dash, you will push the stalk forward to cycle through no indicator, green Auto indicator, and blue hi-beams indicator (hi-beams off, glare-free, normal hi-beams on respectively).

Glare Free Menu (replaces Auto High beam) in APIM:
7D0-09-01 x1xx xxxx
7D0-09-03 xxCx xxxx
Note: a module reset in FORScan or power cycle is required for the menu to appear.

IPMA
706-01-01 xxxx xxx9

SCCM
724-04-01 xxx4 xxxx

IPC
720-01-01 xx8x xxxx
720-10-01 xxxx xxx3

HCM
734-01-01 xxxx xx01
734-01-02 x3xx xxxx

Short bed with scales / ccd or Raptor
734-01-04 xx56 D1

Credit to ROBB1, tonesto7, and Livnitup over at F150gen14.com forum.
Sooo I literally copied this and it worked flawless.

On version 2.3.47
2021 Raptor

I wrote this first:
HCM
734-01-01 xxxx xx01
734-01-02 x3xx xxxx

It gave me a headlight fault on the instrument cluster.

Then I wrote this:
734-01-04 xx56 D1

Then clicked ok on the steering wheel after and the fault just went away. And all was good and well after.

Had no issues on any of the forescan logs.

Just did it tonight. The gradual increase from low to high beams was pretty cool. Haven't experienced the light wrap around a car yet. All my hoods are too well lit.

Torchy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a 21 or 22?

On 21s Quiet Time Exhaust Mode (QTEM) is already a menu option. You do not need to mess with Forscan. Turn it on in the settings and set the times you want it enabled.

The menu went away on the 22s. To get it to show up you need to enable QTEM using Forscan.

I don’t know what FoE Seatbelt Warning Strategy or Clear Exit Assitant does. I left these set to factory settings in Forscan. I think they were both disabled, but not positive.

21 and good to know. Found it in my factory menu. I noticed it still starts in normal exhaust mode and just attempts to lower the RPMs on start?

Still wondering what Clear Exit Assistant is.

DCM

Reaction score
21 and good to know. Found it in my factory menu. I noticed it still starts in normal exhaust mode and just attempts to lower the RPMs on start?
I believe that you have to set the times for it to work. Have mine set to be on pretty much all the time. It does start in quiet exhaust mode.

Torchy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that you have to set the times for it to work. Have mine set to be on pretty much all the time. It does start in quiet exhaust mode.
Yep, you're correct.

I set up my times lastnight and it didn't work. This morning however, it sure enough started in quiet mode.

I'm doing this to keep neighbors happy.... Is this a moot point considering my GT500 is coming in a month?:D

SouthernRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sooo I literally copied this and it worked flawless.

On version 2.3.47
2021 Raptor

I wrote this first:
HCM
734-01-01 xxxx xx01
734-01-02 x3xx xxxx

It gave me a headlight fault on the instrument cluster.

Then I wrote this:
734-01-04 xx56 D1

Then clicked ok on the steering wheel after and the fault just went away. And all was good and well after.

Had no issues on any of the forescan logs.

Just did it tonight. The gradual increase from low to high beams was pretty cool. Haven't experienced the light wrap around a car yet. All my hoods are too well lit.
At the last step now and need a little help!

Is it:
734-01-04 xx56 D1xx or
734-01-04 xx56 xxD1

mkraus01

Reaction score
well I tried this for longer then I care to admit and could not get past 8% using the test build of Forscan that you linked. Everything else worked until that point. Running parallel on a Mac with windows 10. Kept getting the same error at 8% saying vehicle conditions not met
I had the same issue, until I changed bottom center pick to VDM, then it worked. I could not find a procedure on how to do this, so I sort of figured it out by myself. If anyone has a link to a procedure for the Gen 3, that would be great. Attached are pictures of the Height before, VDM part that I changed as mentioned, and ride height after. Does this look about right, or should I be closer to 0 on the level? I just changed my truck from a factory 35 to a 37 with factory rims and 1.5" front end RPG Perch Collars.

Thanks
-Mike Kraus

Attachments

• IMG_4306.jpg
    IMG_4306.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_4308.jpg
    IMG_4308.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_4309.jpg
    IMG_4309.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 104