GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well let me start from the top. Like I had mentioned this was all in relation to the "A" on the dash and auto headlights. Meaning just the headlights cutting on by themselves. I know we had discussed triggering the high beams to see the "A" and nothing occurred but auto headlights were still working. Well when I pulled in the garage earlier I got to thinking about "Auto high beams" and how the other day I cut them off thru settings. I thought, no way in hell that's the A on the dash. I went back into settings and cut them back on, BAM, white "A" shows up on the dash. I was under the assumption the A was strictly for auto headlights not auto high beams. I'll show myself the door. It's been real fellows. :bawl:
Love it! What a trip!

hanj0208

Reaction score
I got it fixed. If I tell yall I’ll be kicked from the forum so I can’t.
Wait. Does your green “A” comes on when your head lights comes on? Because I had similar issue where my “A” went away after messing up the coding. If you got it fixed then the green “A” will be there and your high beam logo will not come on even your high beam activate. Auto high beam mode, blue logo will pop up on your screen when high beam comes on vs. GF mode, high beam comes on and no blue logo pops up on your screen. If that’s not happening then GF isn’t working. You are back to stock auto high beam setup. If that’s the case, you might want to check the HCM values to make sure all values are correct. I accidentally skipped the part where you have to change three values but I only did the bed size value and did the same issue. No”A” then I corrected those two values, GF started to working properly.

ChadH83

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait. Does your green “A” comes on when your head lights comes on? Because I had similar issue where my “A” went away after messing up the coding. If you got it fixed then the green “A” will be there and your high beam logo will not come on even your high beam activate. Auto high beam mode, blue logo will pop up on your screen when high beam comes on vs. GF mode, high beam comes on and no blue logo pops up on your screen. If that’s not happening then GF isn’t working. You are back to stock auto high beam setup. If that’s the case, you might want to check the HCM values to make sure all values are correct. I accidentally skipped the part where you have to change three values but I only did the bed size value and did the same issue. No”A” then I corrected those two values, GF started to working properly.
I never touched glare free though or not yet. I don’t believe I ever saw a green A on the dash just the white one which I got by reactivating auto high beams thru the settings menu. The only values in the BCM I touched were

-markers on with DRLs
-Fogs on w/ high beams
-no double honk on exit w/ key
-DRL brightness to 50%

All other values are stock or should be.

ChadH83

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If You have the latest Sync software you can change the vehicle profile to the 24MY Raptor. This add more raptor specific items. You need to have the version below for it to work. I have the value listed below. The only issue i have found is there is no owners manual available in sync with this program yet.

7D0-03-02 33xx-xxxx-xx--

View attachment 436805View attachment 436807View attachment 436810View attachment 436811View attachment 436837
Any idea how to force Sync 4 to get this update? I've tried changing these values and it's still a regular F150. Mine is on 23045 and hasn't updated. Didn't know if I could do it via USB or force it to update? Schedule updates are on and it's connected to my homes wifi when I park in the garage

wjn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to Forscan here, I seem to have some throubles with connecting the APIM module. Sometimes it works, but mostly it disconnects (interrupted messages):

(OK) [19:50:40.819] APIM Module configuration (AS BUILT format) has been started
(OK) [19:50:42.941] Read block #1
(OK) [19:50:42.950] Read block #2
(OK) [19:50:42.960] Read block #3
(OK) [19:50:42.971] Read block #4
(OK) [19:50:42.979] Read block #5
(OK) [19:50:42.995] Read block #6
(OK) [19:50:43.009] Read block #7
(OK) [19:50:43.017] Read block #8
(OK) [19:50:43.031] Read block #9
(OK) [19:50:43.051] Read block #10
(OK) [19:53:13.682] Service procedure completed successfully.
(OK) [19:53:17.006] APIM Module configuration (AS BUILT format) has been started
(OK) [19:53:19.607] Read block #1
(OK) [19:53:19.618] Read block #2
(ERR) [19:53:19.641] Service procedure has been interrupted

Obviously I checked the forscan pages, settings for the OBDLink EX as recommended (latency timer adjusted to 2 ms), did an interface firmware update, have the latest v2.3.59 Windows version installed, installed the correct drivers etc.etc.

Other modules seems to be okay, I could make a change to the BCM module.

Car is an MY23 Raptor R, 2 weeks ago the dealer updated all modules to latest firmware (so he said).

Also odd, the checksum does not update automatically, when I change settings. I used a checksum calculator (in AsBuiltExplorer.exe) to manually calculate checksum and enter it (which did not give a warning when writing, checksum is okay).

Any recommendations to solve these 2 errors?

wjn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to Forscan here, I seem to have some throubles with connecting the APIM module. Sometimes it works, but mostly it disconnects (interrupted messages):

Obviously I checked the forscan pages, settings for the OBDLink EX as recommended (latency timer adjusted to 2 ms), did an interface firmware update, have the latest v2.3.59 Windows version installed, installed the correct drivers etc.etc.

Other modules seems to be okay, I could make a change to the BCM module.

Car is an MY23 Raptor R, 2 weeks ago the dealer updated all modules to latest firmware (so he said).

Also odd, the checksum does not update automatically, when I change settings. I used a checksum calculator (in AsBuiltExplorer.exe) to manually calculate checksum and enter it (which did not give a warning when writing, checksum is okay).

Any recommendations to solve these 2 errors?
Problems solved:

The Service procedure has been interrupted was caused by the LPG system. Appearantly this has to be disconnected before doing checks and updated with Forscan.

The second issue with checksum was related to the first one.

The good news:

The modifications work like a charm:

- Double Horn Honk disable
- Glare Free Menu / Lights
- Tire size from 37" to 35" (winter tires)