Gen3 exhaust on Gen2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has done the conversion with the active exhaust? I know there’s a trombone loop out there but I want it just like the gen3. Active valves included. Will the exhaust bolt right in after the cats or resonator ?

Will the truck need to be tuned ?

Also can the gen2 trans get the gen3 trans tune ?

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has done the conversion with the active exhaust? I know there’s a trombone loop out there but I want it just like the gen3. Active valves included. Will the exhaust bolt right in after the cats or resonator ?

Will the truck need to be tuned ?

Also can the gen2 trans get the gen3 trans tune ?
If you have a supercrew I would think it would bolt up to the stock system. It would probably not connect to the resonator. If you hot a full system from a Gen 3, you'd have to get a controller for the active exhaust and after that it's not much to it I WOULD THINK. Not 100 percent sure on this.

OP
OP
FordPerf Addict

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking / hoping the same thing. That it could possibly just be an easy swap the Have someone wire in the valving for me. Put the “modes” on a switch. Really like the sound and the ability to turn it on and off. Might check the cost and see if it would I be worth it.

My worry would be the tuning that could be off. But ideally I’d like to just throw the factory gen3 tun and trans tune on the gen2.