Gen3 Downpipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChaseH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any updates or know anything about Gen 3 downpipes?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI there is very little performance, if any, to be had with downpipes on these motors. That said, I would think the gen 2 DPs would fit.

OP
OP
ChaseH

ChaseH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI there is very little performance, if any, to be had with downpipes on these motors. That said, I would think the gen 2 DPs would fit.
looking for sound more than performance. Also im curious because of the trombone exhaust if the connection from dp to mid section is the same.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
looking for sound more than performance. Also im curious because of the trombone exhaust if the connection from dp to mid section is the same.

Only one way to find out, gotta be a brave, adventurous soul.

OP
OP
ChaseH

ChaseH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually fairly disappointed, I have reached out to all the top manufactures of gen 2 downpipes just to see if they have any plan on doing downpipes for gen 3 and no response haha..

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Could always fab up your own, or draw it up and have an exhaust shop build it.

Stapleton42 (I think) on YouTube is a good resource on exhaust. He has a lot of videos describing what makes an engine/exhaust sound a certain way. Pretty cool. Did a few on boom tubes with long tube headers and discussing “equal length” headers.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
actually fairly disappointed, I have reached out to all the top manufactures of gen 2 downpipes just to see if they have any plan on doing downpipes for gen 3 and no response haha..
Alot of places are slower on the R&D process with the limited availability of any donor trucks.

amschind

Reaction score
I'm following this thread as well. My issues are a little thornier because of the Powerboost heat exchanger, which has led several exhaust shops to say "No thanks". My guess is that I'll have to have an exhaust custom made for the truck, likely 3" high flow Flowmaster cats and a 70 Series.