Gen3 Camera w/ Drive modes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fts

Reaction score
Man, this question is so relative to what you are used to driving and also personal preference. The only way I can answer this in a helpful way is that no, I haven't had any issues with braking distance.
Yes, of course, you are right. I have three reference points :): Our Land Cruiser series 100 had touchy breaks, almost like a sports car, liked it on the highway, but not so much off-road. Our Land Cruiser series 200 has very soft brakes with very long pedal travel. It requires nearly 1" to 1.5" of pedal travel (feels like) before you notice brakes are working. For full braking, you really need to get ONTO the brake pedal for serious stopping power. And finally, our Outback has very nice, full of feel, short-travel brakes that are not as sensitive as the series 100 LC nor as bad as series 200, it is in between.

I don't know if that helps, but I do appreciate the effort in trying to respond and the responses. Thank you!

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, of course, you are right. I have three reference points :): Our Land Cruiser series 100 had touchy breaks, almost like a sports car, liked it on the highway, but not so much off-road. Our Land Cruiser series 200 has very soft brakes with very long pedal travel. It requires nearly 1" to 1.5" of pedal travel (feels like) before you notice brakes are working. For full braking, you really need to get ONTO the brake pedal for serious stopping power. And finally, our Outback has very nice, full of feel, short-travel brakes that are not as sensitive as the series 100 LC nor as bad as series 200, it is in between.

I don't know if that helps, but I do appreciate the effort in trying to respond and the responses. Thank you!
Braking is intuitive and comfortable. Not stomping on the pedal to stop, no jerking when you touch the brakes. I give it 10/10.

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was messing around with the drive modes and camera operation.

I found that in normal driving mode you can look at the bed camera, Rear camera and Hitch view at any speed.

View attachment 320588

View attachment 320586

Another cool thing is the option to have the bed camera in the side screen.View attachment 320587

Baja Mode opens up all of the cameras and at any speed.
So you can do 360, Front, Rear etc. with no speed limitations. It aslo puts guidelines up front which is kinda cool.View attachment 320590
View attachment 320591
This is the kind of content we need! Thank you.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the camera and screen clarity? My current Toyota truck looks poor with very dated technology.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues with me.

I'm use to wearing dress shoes, and athletics shoes shoes, but yesterday I had weightlifting shoes on and I usually don't drive with these - They are very heavy. Brake pedal felt extremely easy to press with my weightlifting shoes, probably because I was over pressurizing the pedal with the heavier shoes - same amount of foot applied force, but the heavier shoes made the force greater. I felt it immediately on the stop sign of the gym parking lot. Truck almost wanted to do a nose dive feeling.

Normal shoes, you are fine, feels normal just as any other truck. Or you just have to get use to it if you wear heavy shoes, but you would already be accustomed to heavy shoes/driving.
Just super curious on WTF weightlifting shoes are ?? Never heard of them. Are they just heavier so you don't fall over doing curls or something ??

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just super curious on WTF weightlifting shoes are ?? Never heard of them. Are they just heavier so you don't fall over doing curls or something ??

I would never try to drive with my old school Adidas Olympic Lifting shoes. Way too stiff, plus I never wear them outside the gym :cool: