Gen3 Cabin Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posted in the maintenance forum but haven’t gotten any replies.

Does anyone have any instructions or insight on changing the cabin filter in these gen3? I know it’s probably similar to gen2 but figured I’d ask.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posted in the maintenance forum but haven’t gotten any replies.

Does anyone have any instructions or insight on changing the cabin filter in these gen3? I know it’s probably similar to gen2 but figured I’d ask.
funny you ask. just changed mine today took 2 minutes tops. its behind the glove box as the gen 2. open the glove box. there are two clips on the sides push in simultaneously. the door can swing all the way down and is easily removed. behind it there it is. two tabs holding the cover on, on the sides. remove and slides in. and damn mine was dirtier than I thought. I change yearly same with engine air filter. 17k miles. both were dirty.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to know it’s easy, I think the gen2 required some trim panels to be removed too (?). Anyway, thanks, will be doing it this weekend.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've changed mine once already, and I'm due again. I went with a fram. Super easy to do. I ordered 7 air filters and 5 cabin air filters all in one shot along with oil filters and wiper baldes. The price of all the items can only go up over the years so I like to have them "in stock" in my garage along with some free shipping when I place the order. Walmart is also a cheap place to get replacements if you need them right away.