GEN3 Auxiliary switch Amperage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am on the Bronco forum as I have a Bronco on order. Like the Raptor the Bronco also has 6 Auxiliary switches. The image below was posted showing the bronco amperage ratings. It seems Ford really hooked up the Bronco. I hope the GEN3 also has the same amperage rating.

Here's the GEN2 ratings:

switch 1 & 2 >> 15amps each
switch 3 & 4 >> 10amps each
switch 5 & 6 >> 5amps each

1626875662048.png

Last edited:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is interesting. That's going to eliminate the need for a relay in many cases.

Also, the location of non-powered circuits is interesting. If I'm not mistaken, in the Gen 2, those only went to the passenger compartment. Front Grille shows that they understand that people will mount lines in or in front of the grille...although I don't know that it will be easier to use this then doing their own wiring. Right-hand visor will make it a lot easier to mount something on/near the rear view mirror...like a dash cam. Quarter panel will be great for powering stuff in the cargo area, like fridge, complressor, etc.

It does stand to reason we would see similar setup in the Raptor. Me personally, I would like to see them put in some harnesses rather than bare wire.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is interesting. That's going to eliminate the need for a relay in many cases.

Also, the location of non-powered circuits is interesting. If I'm not mistaken, in the Gen 2, those only went to the passenger compartment. Front Grille shows that they understand that people will mount lines in or in front of the grille...although I don't know that it will be easier to use this then doing their own wiring. Right-hand visor will make it a lot easier to mount something on/near the rear view mirror...like a dash cam. Quarter panel will be great for powering stuff in the cargo area, like fridge, complressor, etc.

It does stand to reason we would see similar setup in the Raptor. Me personally, I would like to see them put in some harnesses rather than bare wire.
I hope Ford applies the same to the Raptor. I have always felt auxiliary switches are nice but having low amps behind them makes them useless. And to use them as they were intended then the user has to use relays or go aftermarket (switch pro and spod).

PLEASE FORD .. give us the same amperage on the GEN3

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the Gen 3 is already wired for Aux1 for the second set of Rigid fogs. That would use up that 30A slot if it were the same...

I personally don't mind the Aux simply completing a circuit through a relay. It eliminates the Aux from being fried as easily through user error by adding the relay as the safety net.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure the Gen 3 is already wired for Aux1 for the second set of Rigid fogs. That would use up that 30A slot if it werenthe same...

I personally don't mined the Aux simply completing a circuit through a relay. It eliminates the Aux from being fried as easily through user error by adding the relay as the safety net.
I sure hope Ford is not using a 30amp switch on a fog light. That would be a complete waste and make no sense.

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure hope Ford is not using a 30amp switch on a fog light. That would be a complete waste and make

I sure hope Ford is not using a 30amp switch on a fog light. That would be a complete waste and make no sense.
Not sure if its 30A as the OP pointed out for the Bronco, but the Ford engineer said that the Aux1 is wired to the inside set of the Rigid lights on the 3rd Gen...