GEN3 37 Package - shutter/vibration in steering wheel/suspension on bumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a '22 37 Package and after coming from a TRX the ride quality is noticeably more stiff. I'm okay with the stiffness of the ride but what I'm concerned about is the slight shudder in the wheel or suspension when I go over small bumps or uneven road. It's almost like there's a sway bar link loose or there's play in the steering rack, but it just doesnt feel solid when it goes over bumps. I know there's a big difference in the ride quality between the two trucks, but when I hit a bump with the TRX the steering and suspension would still feel tight regardless of how harsh the bump. In the Raptor you can tell there's a knuckle between the steering rack and the suspension and the bump amplifies a loose feeling between the two. Is this common with the raptors or is this something I should get checked out?

flipgnats

Reaction score
I just picked up a '22 37 Package and after coming from a TRX the ride quality is noticeably more stiff. I'm okay with the stiffness of the ride but what I'm concerned about is the slight shudder in the wheel or suspension when I go over small bumps or uneven road. It's almost like there's a sway bar link loose or there's play in the steering rack, but it just doesnt feel solid when it goes over bumps. I know there's a big difference in the ride quality between the two trucks, but when I hit a bump with the TRX the steering and suspension would still feel tight regardless of how harsh the bump. In the Raptor you can tell there's a knuckle between the steering rack and the suspension and the bump amplifies a loose feeling between the two. Is this common with the raptors or is this something I should get checked
Check this thread out...

OP
OP
relak

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check this thread out...

Thanks, I saw that in my thread search and read through, but my issue doesn't really have any noise, it's felt in the steering well. Seems to be a number of issues with the suspension right now on the Gen3's so I'll take it into the dealer and get it documented, see where it goes from there.

AJT221

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have something similar with my 35inch '22. It's a pedal vibration which sometimes seems to extend to the steering wheel at highway speeds but the pedal/floorboard shakes quite a bit at low to intermediate speeds over bumps. It does seem similar to issues on clunk thread but more than any noise It's just the rattling of the floorboard which seems to be worse on right front. I am going to make an appointment to get it looked at and see what is said.

I also had the trans cooler connection loose and got towed in to get the truck fixed since lost too much trans fluid and had shift faults popping up. My tailpipes are also uneven so I'll see if they are able to address that. My Gen 3 is really winning lol. First truck I've ever owned so pedal shakes and all didn't know how much is normal in a truck vs me driving a truck for first time.

terminaldevil

Reaction score
my '21 35 does this terribly as well. Tons of vibration/shake through the gas pedal. Front suspension seems lose over small stuff and things like railroad tracks, almost like there is something disconnected or completely lose under the truck.

OP
OP
relak

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight and letting me know I’m not just being OCD. would be interesting to hear if any GEN3 owners who had similar issues got it looked at? I’m likely going to get it looked at but won’t be able to for the next month or so.

meldred40

Reaction score
I have this exact same problem on my brand new raptor. It drives me absolutely crazy. Any further input in guidance is appreciated.

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not all of them. I've driven a friend's 21 raptor and it had nothing like the noise and chatter that my truck has.