GEN3 37 Package - shutter/vibration in steering wheel/suspension on bumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mustlistenfc

Reaction score
Negative. I assume it's related to the suspension clunk but can't confirm since my dealer won't run chassis ears without first replicating the issue on a test drive.
I just dropped the tire pressure from 40 to 36 all front and rear and haven't got issue since yesterday. I always setup the tire pressure to 40 for both front and rear. sometime tire pressure go up to 41, 42 when weather get 100+ degree.

what tire pressure do you setup to?

OP
OP
relak

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just dropped the tire pressure from 40 to 36 all front and rear and haven't got issue since yesterday. I always setup the tire pressure to 40 for both front and rear. sometime tire pressure go up to 41, 42 when weather get 100+ degree.

what tire pressure do you setup to?
38 all around. Dealer had it at 50 and I knocked it down the first week of ownership. Hasn’t changed anything ride-wise unfortunately

OP
OP
relak

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. Waiting on replacement front shocks but no ETA and won’t know if that fixes it until after install.

On a side note, I went to raptor assault a couple weeks back and their raptors have the same issue. They hadn’t replaced anything on their fleet of raptors so no insight on what will fix it. I actually noticed quite a bit of vibration in the passenger seat floorboard when I was riding shotty.

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can vouch for this after driving a TRX for a day. Truck feels solid on bumps vs the Raptor. Unfortunately I just believe it’s the characteristic of the suspension and/or rear end. I swore mine was coming from the front but seems to be rear the more I checked.

OP
OP
relak

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can vouch for this after driving a TRX for a day. Truck feels solid on bumps vs the Raptor. Unfortunately I just believe it’s the characteristic of the suspension and/or rear end. I swore mine was coming from the front but seems to be rear the more I checked.
I agree, my TRX was smooth as butter over bumps or imperfections in the road. You could definitely feel the weight of it in the corners and hard acceleration compared to the Raptor but seems like there’s pros and cons to both. If I can get this suspension issue figured out and it rides smoother, then the raptor will definitely be a keeper.

dfw186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, my TRX was smooth as butter over bumps or imperfections in the road. You could definitely feel the weight of it in the corners and hard acceleration compared to the Raptor but seems like there’s pros and cons to both. If I can get this suspension issue figured out and it rides smoother, then the raptor will definitely be a keeper.
any updates? My 35 was driving smoothly but I started to feel shakes over bumps/uneven roads after I changed to 37s... Not sure if this is normal difference between 35 vs 37.. The alignment seems right and the steering is straight.

OP
OP
relak

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any updates? My 35 was driving smoothly but I started to feel shakes over bumps/uneven roads after I changed to 37s... Not sure if this is normal difference between 35 vs 37.. The alignment seems right and the steering is straight.
Have you had your shocks replaced on your Gen3? Had my fronts replaced and the vibration in the front through the steering wheel disappeared. Not sure why the 37’s would make it more pronounced but I’m pretty sure that’s what caused my issues.