GEN3 37 Package - shutter/vibration in steering wheel/suspension on bumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nirazulay

Reaction score
I think it is related to the ABS system, I also notice some vibration when i turn left or right into parking space, the same filling when you lose traction, and ABS response to eliminate losing control. i have 37 pack ...

OP
OP
relak

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is related to the ABS system, I also notice some vibration when i turn left or right into parking space, the same filling when you lose traction, and ABS response to eliminate losing control. i have 37 pack ...
interesting.. but not what I'm experiencing. Mine is more like there's something loose between the steering wheel and the wheel. It's more of a rattle in the steering column and changes in severity depending on what mode my suspension is in. Going into the dealer the week of July 4th to have it looked at, I'll report back with what they find/don't find.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 37 has no suspension issues. No shakes or shudders at all over any type of bump.
I do have a rattle in my exhaust that Ford is looking into... only issue to date with 6500 miles so far.

OP
OP
relak

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say something is wrong, I have a 22 37pp and haven't noticed any shutter/vibration at all. I have never driven a TRX so have no idea what to compare it to though.

my '21 35 does this terribly as well. Tons of vibration/shake through the gas pedal. Front suspension seems lose over small stuff and things like railroad tracks, almost like there is something disconnected or completely lose under the truck.

I have this exact same problem on my brand new raptor. It drives me absolutely crazy. Any further input in guidance is appreciated.
I'm working on a theory but do any of your raptors have the Active Lane Keep Assist option? My does and the feeling I get in the steering wheel is similar to when the LKA is going off but instead it's like the bump is causing that shutter to happen. I took it into my dealer to have them look at a few things, they ended up saying they couldn't notice any judder but also drove the vehicle less than a mile on a smooth road.

BIGMAN

Reaction score
I'm working on a theory but do any of your raptors have the Active Lane Keep Assist option? My does and the feeling I get in the steering wheel is similar to when the LKA is going off but instead it's like the bump is causing that shutter to happen. I took it into my dealer to have them look at a few things, they ended up saying they couldn't notice any judder but also drove the vehicle less than a mile on a smooth road.
Sorry to revive this thread.

Have you found any resolution since this post?

OP
OP
relak

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Negative. I assume it's related to the suspension clunk but can't confirm since my dealer won't run chassis ears without first replicating the issue on a test drive.

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Negative. I assume it's related to the suspension clunk but can't confirm since my dealer won't run chassis ears without first replicating the issue on a test drive.
I am waiting until it gets cooler out. for whatever reason not as noticeable when it's warmer out.

mustlistenfc

Reaction score
interesting.. but not what I'm experiencing. Mine is more like there's something loose between the steering wheel and the wheel. It's more of a rattle in the steering column and changes in severity depending on what mode my suspension is in. Going into the dealer the week of July 4th to have it looked at, I'll report back with what they find/don't find.
I have a same issue, something loose between steering wheels and front suspension. it feels little better when I switch to C steering mode.