Gen2 with 3.0 FRS vs Gen3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WireNutz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Gen 3 rear suspension is better across the board based on what I have seen. And if it wasn't for covid, I'm sure aftermarket springs would've be available when the truck hit the lots.

Adding SDI to either a Gen 2 or 3 really seems to make the truck perform better. A Gen 2 with SDI is better then a stock Gen 3. But a Gen 3 with the same mods will be better then a Gen 2.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only thing I can add is unfortunately Wayne is no longer with SDI. From what I read / heard, it was a "difference of opinion". Take that for what it's worth. I met and talked to Wayne last year at The Mint. He was really knowledgeable, and between his talk, and the Keep it Dirty videos about the SDI EClik system, is why I went with it.

FenixAmmo

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the SDI system can work with the fronts only? I have a bed cage system in the rear of my 2018 with bypasses, but better control over the fronts sounds like a good idea.