Gen2 Starter Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience replacing their Gen2 starter? My Ford dealer can't find a way to remove the starter as it bumps into the LCA reinforcement. Who knows the trick to slide it out so I can do a swap?

Thanks

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have aftermarket LCA reinforcement brackets? If they're in the way they'll need to be removed, if they're welded then they may need to lift the engine off it's mounts.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience replacing their Gen2 starter? My Ford dealer can't find a way to remove the starter as it bumps into the LCA reinforcement. Who knows the trick to slide it out so I can do a swap?

Thanks
The best possible solution I would give you is.....find another Ford dealership. They can't even fix their own truck:wtf2:

NickW

Reaction score
I made a thread in the engine discussion forum asking the best way to remove the starter, but no luck yet. Has anyone figured out the easiest/quickest way to remove the starter?