Gen2 SCAB from a gen1 roush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
You don't need a tune for the boost tubes, especially with a factory intake. I would throw away that oiled K&N air filter. It's a stock airbox, just get a stock air filter.

The collars look stock, on bottom perch. Looks like Geiser front springs. The upper control arm is RPG.

I would still call @GooseTuned and get a tune for it. Makes a difference and can help soften up the transmission shifts if you add the TCM

OP
OP
PTYHRD

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So turns out I know the previous owner really well. We worked together and wasn’t lying when they said he wanted it back. He was there at the dealer with the bronco he bought I was like holy S! He gave me the rundown of everything on it.

Not tuned. And the dealers making 8500 off it. So im torn now.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
So turns out I know the previous owner really well. We worked together and wasn’t lying when they said he wanted it back. He was there at the dealer with the bronco he bought I was like holy S! He gave me the rundown of everything on it.

Not tuned. And the dealers making 8500 off it. So im torn now.

Sounds like you know the complete history of the truck. That is worth a lot, less of a gamble on a used car.

If your friend is actually buying it back, I would let him. Otherwise would probably be a good buy if it checks all of your boxes.

OP
OP
PTYHRD

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you know the complete history of the truck. That is worth a lot, less of a gamble on a used car.

If your friend is actually buying it back, I would let him. Otherwise would probably be a good buy if it checks all of your boxes.
This is my feeling 100%. Really appreciate everyone’s input. It’s a solid gen2.

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does have aftermarket intercooler. It shifts really hard. Harder than my gen1. They called the owner and it wasn’t tuned.
Which bothers me.

They’re only giving me 34k for my raptor. Which I feel is a little low. And theirs is 58.5.
Why would you get rid of your Gen 1? I wouldn’t for a used Gen 2.

OP
OP
PTYHRD

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s a little more to this I suppose. My buddy told me later he thinks there was something up with the transmission. Missing 2nd gear. Downshifting hard from 3rd, skipping to 1st and when towing (a motorcycle) 2nd was being skipped.

I’m not really sure on all that. It did shift hard but like everyone said that sounded normal especially without a tune.

Dealer was working on deals from buyers in Ny and CA. Prob won’t last long. Maybe someone here will buy it.

JorgesRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s a little more to this I suppose. My buddy told me later he thinks there was something up with the transmission. Missing 2nd gear. Downshifting hard from 3rd, skipping to 1st and when towing (a motorcycle) 2nd was being skipped.

I’m not really sure on all that. It did shift hard but like everyone said that sounded normal especially without a tune.

Dealer was working on deals from buyers in Ny and CA. Prob won’t last long. Maybe someone here will buy it.
Skip shifting is normal behavior on these and so is the “hard” shifting. The COBB TCM tune really smoothes out the hard shifting and if you don’t want the skip shifting you can put it in the Sport TCM tune. I use the OEM+ TCM tune that is really smooth but retains the skip shifting.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

As stated, it’s normal for it to skip shift from 1-3 on upshifts and 3-1 on downshifts. If there was a fault occurring it would set a wrench light with DTCs. Oversize tires will skew the vehicle speed readings, which can cause transmission shift concerns. If it’s back on 35’s, a transmission adaptive relearn should be performed to recalibrate the shift algorithms.