Gen2 SCAB from a gen1 roush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Looking at a 2020 scab here in vA. Has 41k miles and a buncha aftermarket parts. RPG collars, tie rods, springs, deavers (not sure the + but looks raised could have had 37s on it). Has exhaust, intakes, catch can etc. I’m trying to find out from the previous owner what engine software was used.

Anyways, I’d be coming from
A 2014 roush SE. I have 76k on my truck.

Any advice on what else to look for or consider would be helpful. I’ve always loved the scabs.

JorgesRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder why the engine cover is gone? Not a big deal. Looks like MSD coils and JLT catch can. Does it have an aftermarket intercooler? I have a 2020 and haven’t had any big issues, looks like this previous owner put a lot of stuff into it so I’d assume he took good care of it

OP
OP
PTYHRD

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder why the engine cover is gone? Not a big deal. Looks like MSD coils and JLT catch can. Does it have an aftermarket intercooler? I have a 2020 and haven’t had any big issues, looks like this previous owner put a lot of stuff into it so I’d assume he took good care of it
It does have aftermarket intercooler. It shifts really hard. Harder than my gen1. They called the owner and it wasn’t tuned.
Which bothers me.

They’re only giving me 34k for my raptor. Which I feel is a little low. And theirs is 58.5.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was it warmed up? The 10spd is a cranky beast when cold. And honestly not the smoothest shifting lump even when it’s warm. Mine is really hard in and out of some gears under some conditions.

OP
OP
PTYHRD

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it’s fine transmission wise. But I figured it would have to be tuned with the aftermarket intakes. He took care of the truck tho. It’s clean as far as I can tell.

Apparently he wants it back haha

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it’s fine transmission wise. But I figured it would have to be tuned with the aftermarket intakes. He took care of the truck tho. It’s clean as far as I can tell.

Apparently he wants it back haha
I suspect your suspicion is correct. After market intercooler and AMS boost tubes = most likely tuned at some point. Otherwise, what's the point? Those look like 3+ deavers.

JorgesRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if it’s not tuned, perfect time to get with @GooseTuned and get a Stage 2 Tune with TCM on that thing! The TCM tune will majorly change the shifting behavior. $58k isn’t bad for that in my opinion.