[Gen2] Need help with power to 2nd Sync 3 USB Hub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SO2018Raptor

Reaction score
Hi, I know what I am trying to do is non-standard, but I hate cables (USB) being run all around my vehicles.

Here is what I am trying to do:

There are only 2 USB ports that can run Apple CarPlay in my 2018 Raptor. I want to add (or replace if that is what needs to be done) a second Sync 3 "hub" (which I have already purchased from Amazon) that I will install in cubby on the dash (meaning cut a hole in the plastic and "push through" the new usb hub). This will allow me to plug in an iPhone cable and route it from that point to an iPhone mount (which means the cable will not be dangling up from the existing usb ports to the iPhone mount). This means the iPhone cable will not have to be routed "up" from the 2 existing usb ports.

To get USB connectivity from the back of the Sync 3 Head ---- I can just unplug the current USB cable. and plug in a new USB cable from the new hub to the back of the Sync 3 head.

However, where I am stuck is on the power for the new hub. I don't know the name of the power connector on the back of the USB hub (it has 4 pins & I will post a picture in a reply to this thread), what type of power connector it is (some of the F150 forums just say it needs normal 12V), and the pin/wiring diagram so I can hardwire it to a fuse that is only on when the key is engaged.

So my questions are:
1) Does anyone know what the name of the 4 pin connector is....or where I can order one.
2) The part number of the USB Hub for Sync 3 is -- HC3Z-19A387-B What power is needed to power this hub?
3) Anything else I need to know to add a new Sync 3 hub.
4) If I am able to work out the power for the new Sync 3 hub (and get the usb cables worked out) then any issues running 2 different Sync 3 hubs? I am totally ok if I am only able to run the new one (under the dash cubby). and the 2 usb ports under the radio no longer work.

Will post pics to the part and the power connection in a second.

thx so much for your help!!