Gen2 MFT: What is the Most Recent Version?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LXCoupe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, I just purchased a 2013 Raptor with MFT. I was wondering what is the most recent version for the Gen2 MFT? I logged into owners.ford.com and it's showing I'm up to date with v3.5 installed on January 2013. I find this strange because my 2014 FX4 with MFT has had a couple updates since after purchasing it in September of 2014.

CCPU S/W Version: 4.29.12285_PRODUCT

Attachments

• owner.ford.com 01.jpg
    owner.ford.com 01.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 93
  • owner.ford.com 02.jpg
    owner.ford.com 02.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
v.3.8 (v.3.10 is newer but it's dealer install only for now)

Funny you posted that, I checked my daughter's 2013 Escape Titanium last week and is saying the same thing.
I guess it's a phone call the Sync.

OP
OP
LXCoupe

LXCoupe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
v.3.8 (v.3.10 is newer but it's dealer install only for now)

Funny you posted that, I checked my daughter's 2013 Escape Titanium last week and is saying the same thing.
I guess it's a phone call the Sync.

I have a appointment on Friday to get mine updated to v3.10, because I'm having issues with v3.5.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My daughters Nav sometimes is not accurate.
I've read that you need the new A7 SD Card, my daughters card is still A4
I will call Sync today, I'll post what they say.

Just logged on her account and now is saying v3.6, but that's still old.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@LXCoupe

So, Sync says that you need map A7 then after running a Vehicle Health Report the v3.8 will show up in your Owners Website, (And I may have to run a Check Sync Version)

I'll update when the SD Card comes. Fingers crossed.

Note: For some reason I had the reregister her mobile phone number on the Owners website for her Vehicle!!!
Vehicle Heath Report was not updating the Owners website. Going to check mine now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LXCoupe

LXCoupe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@LXCoupe

So, Sync says that you need map A7 then after running a Vehicle Health Report the v3.8 will show up in your Owners Website, (And I may have to run a Check Sync Version)

I'll update when the SD Card comes. Fingers crossed.

Note: For some reason I had the reregister her mobile phone number on the Owners website for her Vehicle!!!
Vehicle Heath Report was not updating the Owners website. Going to check mine now.

Good news! I previously ran a health report with a A4 card. I just put a A7 in it yesterday and will run a health report today to see what happens. I'm ok with v3.8 if that's all I can get without going to the dealer. 3.8 works perfect on my 2014 FX4.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LXCoupe

LXCoupe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran a health report with the A7 and owner.ford.com still shows I'm up to date with v3.5. I told my dealer of the problems I was having with sync and they scheduled me an appointment Friday morning to update sync (didn't mention what version though). I'll come back with an update when I get my truck back.

OP
OP
LXCoupe

LXCoupe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a call from my dealer that my truck is ready for pickup. I went to owner.ford.com after the call and sure enough they updated me to v3.10. We'll see if it's covered under the sync warranty when I pick it up later today.

Update: Picked my truck up and it was covered under warranty because I was having problems with the old version. 3.10 is slightly faster than 3.8 in my FX4.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad it worked out for you.

My daughters 2013 Escape, not so much. inserted the A7 SD card ran vehicle health report and.................Nothing.

Called Sync back and now they are saying I need to go to the dealer to get v3.10, because v3.8 is not available for the Escape. LOL

I surrender at this point.