GEN 2 Gen2 gearbox oil change interval

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Interesting changes you made to the truck. I want to know, why you installed these corners? What do I use it for?

Bed supports. The Raptor beds are aluminum. When you go off road the bed and frame twist, which can rip the metal. When you put more weight on the side panels it can worsen the issue.

I am running KHC

Others are running innov8

OP
OP
ViMo

ViMo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bed supports. The Raptor beds are aluminum. When you go off road the bed and frame twist, which can rip the metal. When you put more weight on the side panels it can worsen the issue.

I am running KHC

Others are running innov8
Thank you for this information, it is very useful for prevention.

OP
OP
ViMo

ViMo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding the gearbox oil cooler, when the engine is off does the oil stay in the cooler or does it drain into the crankcase?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
It stays in the lines and cooler unless gravity pulls it back. Being spread out horizontal doesn't allow the same type of drain back like the engine.

OP
OP
ViMo

ViMo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It stays in the lines and cooler unless gravity pulls it back. Being spread out horizontal doesn't allow the same type of drain back like the engine.
Do you know if the coolant circuit is return in the gearbox housing? Thank you.

OP
OP
ViMo

ViMo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no coolant in the transmission...
I think I expressed myself wrong... I rephrase, is the oil in the cooling radiator on the pressure circuit or on the return circuit in the gearbox housing?

OP
OP
ViMo

ViMo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a diagram of the oil circuit in the gearbox for Gen2?