Gen2 and Towing - Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want a taller ride height in front, I want reduced axle hop in back, I don’t want squat when laden w/ 500 lbs in bed and/or 1500-3500 lb jet ski/utility trailer- if possible I’d like to keep some rake in the stance when empty. The price of the Deaver/icon leafs + install is tough to swallow- do you think eibach springs in front + the Roadmaster active suspension kit in rear would accomplish what I’m after? Seems install would be way easier/cheaper on the RAS further lowering the cost compared to deaver/icon leafs.

I see some people mention “HD” version of RAS kit- is that only for regular F150: or for raptors also?

I tried the Roadmaster Active HD suspension on my Gen 2 with Deaver +3s and they would not stay on the truck under normal street driving. I put them on according to their specifications and they lifted my rear another inch higher. I was fine with that since I was only planning to use them when towing. Unfortunately, the driver side popped off twice driving down a very smooth road near my house with the truck empty. It was probably the extra curve of the +3s, which was too large for their eye-hook attachment. Needless to say, I removed them and sent them back for a full refund, minus the shipping.

If you have a stock suspension, they may work for average driving and towing, but I would remove them for off-roading when your rear leafs are flexing more than normal.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tried the Roadmaster Active HD suspension on my Gen 2 with Deaver +3s and they would not stay on the truck under normal street driving. I put them on according to their specifications and they lifted my rear another inch higher. I was fine with that since I was only planning to use them when towing. Unfortunately, the driver side popped off twice driving down a very smooth road near my house with the truck empty. It was probably the extra curve of the +3s, which was too large for their eye-hook attachment. Needless to say, I removed them and sent them back for a full refund, minus the shipping.

If you have a stock suspension, they may work for average driving and towing, but I would remove them for off-roading when your rear leafs are flexing more than normal.

Damn everything’s a compromise eh? I think I saw your post about that but seems like Roadmaster recommends using only w/ stock leafs. The off-road use got me thinking though- you’re right about that.

Don’t wanna pay all the $$$$ but eventually want an upgrade/more clearance. Looks like....maybe sway a way front coilovers, stock rebuilt rears + bump stops + deaver +3 HDs could be my combo when time comes.

I may throw the eibach springs on in front everything else stock for a while see how I like it til stock shocks are in need of rebuild. I think I need an alignment anyhow may be a good time to put eibachs on while getting that done after.

Remove & sell get beefier adjustable coil-overs in front when it’s rebuild time.