Gen1 transfer case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fahadall

Reaction score
Hi ther
I was wondering if somebody could inform me if the transfer case chain supposed to always be running even in 2H mode in gen1 raptr

OP
OP
F

Fahadall

Reaction score
no I mean the transfer case inner chain because I’m getting a sound that seems to be a chain sound but couldn’t figure out if the chain is supposed to be running normal 2H mode

MikeyD

Reaction score
I just bought a 2013 Raptor and had a hard time shifting into and out of 4L lots of grinding…. Took it to my local Ford dealership and they said that the transfer case needs to be replaced. I asked if it could be rebuilt and they said it would be more expensive to rebuild it then to replace it? They want $3000+ to replace it and say their tech is booked over a month out to rebuild it. Does anyone know what model transfer case it is as I see a few different models and rebuild kits online. I definitely plan on getting a second opinion any idea who I should check with in the Orange County, Ca area

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Fahadall:
How many miles on your Raptor? Was the transfer case fluid ever changed? If so, at what interval/s?

@MikeyD :
I had to have the transfer case replaced on my 2011 SCAB. The part number for that application as printed on the work order record is BL3Z*7A195*CB. Cost for that part was $1,155.82 in December 2019. Also on the record are 8 bolts of two types that are supposed to be replaced when the transfer case is replaced. Cost for the bolts was $24.00 for all 8. Labor was $540.00 at an hourly rate of $140.00. Total = $1,719.82 It does not appear that the dealership you went to is quoting you a fair price unless the transfer case for your 2013 is different.