Gen1 To Gen2 conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@a229837 this is going to be the cheapest easiest way to achieve the gen2 conversion.

You be better off with the 4.5” bulge kit not the 7” and then run some wheel spacers from bora to match the fiberglass width.

GN2 Raptor headlights used - $3-450
Tailights open box from American trucks can run $100
Just get a fraptor gn2 grill you don’t need the oem one.
Bumper $1k
Fab and install $2-2500
Paint/wrap $2kish
Bora spacers $400

Total out around $7500 to do it.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@a229837, the info in @Canuck714 ‘s post is all you need to know. Long story short, it is expensive, takes a good bit of skill to get right and in the end will devalue your truck. But I did it and love it.

Long story longer, if you want to get wild and do suspension, cut firewalls, go one piece, cage and have a nasty raptor prerunner then by all means Mcniel racing is your way to go. Get ready to drop 40k but it will be so worth it after.

You can go less wild with some of the other kits. I think the Mcniel one piece looks the best for sure but it’s wide. Super wide.

I’m a supporter of bad decisions so please don’t think I’m trying to talk you out of it. Just know the online purchase of the fiberglass will be the cheapest part of the whole conversion.
View attachment 335830View attachment 335831
Chit thas wide! But dahm it do be lookin good

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dahmmed aggressive looking. I wouldn't want to see that in my rearview....actually I would, just not coming after me