GEN1 Sway Bar Bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took them off my tacoma prerunner when the Total Chaos Long Travel suspension went on. Much better on rough roads.
I don't have first hand experience driving but I do riding and I agree. It seems that the swayer can upset the outside front in a turn if the inside front is hitting bumps. That your experience as well?

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have first hand experience driving but I do riding and I agree. It seems that the swayer can upset the outside front in a turn if the inside front is hitting bumps. That your experience as well?
With a factory swaybar that's what you get. Pretty sure they designed it for pavement handling over anything else. I was advised by Curt Leduc that unless I managed to get 18" travel front OR back it wasn't necessary for my needs. My humble opinion: in 2010, at a first year production run of 10,000 units, Ford's SVT group should have spent the extra $ and ordered the Deavers (that were already tested and proven) instead of the generic leaf pack they were using on the other 1400 trucks made daily. They had another chance to step up in 2017 for Gen 2, when they knew they had a hit and stepped up to 3.0's.