Gen 3s in the wild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeepSeaMofo423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far today I've seen 2 photos on IG of Leadfoot and Race Red for the Gen 3. I really like the Leadfoot from these 2 photos, hopefully we see more soon.

In total we've seen 5 colors so far I think? The Code Orange debut truck with the Antimatter truck they did a walkaround on. Plus that white one next to the TRX.

Also looks like we get a peak at another one of the wheel options on the leadfoot.

View attachment 163297View attachment 163298 View attachment 163299
Never knew Leadfoot would make a truck look horrible.... looks “ok” in red... Damn the rims are fugly!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same, certain lighting makes it difficult to tell an Antimatter truck apart from a black one.

I haven't seen Rapid Red yet, if you find it post it here I'd love to see it.

That’s how Magma Red was too, when I first saw my ‘18 I thought I had mistakenly ordered black!

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just can't love the front end. Never cared for the Gen 1 front...loved the Gen 2 front and now the gen3 is something inbetween and it's definitely not as good as the Gen 2. EVERYTHING else though is awesome and while I'm definitely not a leadfoot fan I do agree it's better than the red.

IHAVETWO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GRILLS AND HEADLIGHTS LOOK ALOT LIKE GEN 1 ALL TIED IN TOGETHER

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be biased, because I've recently become a Gen2 owner, but the Gen3 Raptor and the 2021 F150 gives me the same impression as the TRX and the Ram Rebel. You might have to squint your eyes to tell if it's a F150 Lariat Sport or is it a Raptor on a quick pass by. With the Gen2 Raptor you knew it was a Raptor when you saw it, but that's just my OP.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I may be biased, because I've recently become a Gen2 owner, but the Gen3 Raptor and the 2021 F150 gives me the same impression as the TRX and the Ram Rebel. You might have to squint your eyes to tell if it's a F150 Lariat Sport or is it a Raptor on a quick pass by. With the Gen2 Raptor you knew it was a Raptor when you saw it, but that's just my OP.

I think it just takes a little bit of time to get used to the visual cues to look for between the different F150 models. That, and you need to see these vehicles in person, rather than through a screen. The Gen 2 and Gen 3 have essentially the same differences between Raptor and standard F150. wider stance, grille, apilique, marker lights, headlights, badging, bumpers, suspension...

Honestly, I find it harder to tell the difference between current and previous Gen F150s. I really can't tell until I get a good look at the front end (the headlights mainly) or a peak at the interior dash.